View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 07:15 PM
thanks Gerri, but no chance, she's pestering the life out of me atm with that squeaky ball, but then I'd rather have that, than what we went through last night! That's how I knew there was something wrong you see! Georgie's lying low tonight lol!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
thanks Gerri, but no chance, she's pestering the life out of me atm with that squeaky ball, but then I'd rather have that, than what we went through last night! That's how I knew there was something wrong you see! Georgie's lying low tonight lol!
You sure Georgie didnt slip something in her dinner to get a bit of peace? Wouldnt put it past the old fella!
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Don't sleep on kitchen floor, if must move to sitting room with big duvet
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
You remember my lovely oatmeal carpets then Lucky!!!???!! If their paws are very muddly, then they get dunked in the bowl and dried, but for everyday in and out from the garden, I have a large jute mat by the front door and a big runner to the kitchen, and in the middle I chuck a big towel on the floor (in the gap!) which gets washed when it looks really disgusting! Better to have muddy old mats and towels than carpet imo! My lounge door is kept firmly shut after its morning hoover, so they never get in there until they're nice and dry and clean by the afternoons - hopefully!

I've never had so much mud out in the garden as this winter, but then all those leaves will stop it draining, so I just had to get them up. I have been known to put another towel on the really (and only!) muddy bit up the top here where Zena goes zooming out there and spins on the same spot for me to chuck that ball. I've replaced the turf there no end of times, just chucking new turf on the grass and it's always taken well. It will eventually end up a foot higher than the rest though!!!
I remember them well! I do all that too but we still end up with mud everywhere!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Hi, sorry I didn't get online sooner. Great news! So pleased everything seems ok. You'll be relieved if knackered!! If the garden/grass is really wet/muddy, her skid marks could be much bigger than usual, maybe she found a frog

My friends dog has had upset tums/sickness from that before.

Really glad everything is ok and she is on the mend
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 01:02 AM
Phew, Glad Zena'a ok now. What a scare. Had to laugh at you on the floor but then, we've all been there i bet , i know i have and i do it whenever it's needed.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 02:53 AM
Bloody hell Helen. so sorry I missed your post. only have time these days to pop on and off line. Glad to hear she is better tho. bloody dogs eh!!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 05:21 AM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
Bloody hell Helen. so sorry I missed your post. only have time these days to pop on and off line. Glad to hear she is better tho. bloody dogs eh!!
same as liverbird said, missed it completely and had to read all 8 pages for developments in the case of the mysterious Zena
Sounds so similar to the experiences I have had with Scratch that can never be fully explained and we just end up happy that they turned out alright and back to their normal selves.
Hugs to you Z and G xxxx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 07:53 AM
Just dipping back on to make sure Zena is still okay - glad to hear that she is.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Thanks all, Zena is still doing fine today, although a bit quiet for her, but we'll see how she goes, at least she's been out and has eaten her breakfast, but she's just a bit quiet atm, but you know what I'm like!

Just had some very sad news this morning from a guy I usually meet up the top in the same field as I go, he had a gorgeous 3 yr old champagne coloured longcoat shepherd, and this morning he came over to me to tell me he had her pts yesterday I was gobsmacked and asked him what happened. He told me she was ill the other night, they didn't know what it was, and then she got kidney failure She was only 3 yrs old!! That's got me a tad worried, I might avoid that area for a while methinks! It's a wildlife trust park though, it's kept so pristinely, but you just never know do you. I could well have been very lucky on this occasion, it's a bit of a coincidence isn't it! I'm going to have to ask around other people that I know up there now and see if their dogs have been sick lately.

Hopefully, we're ok now, but I'm still keeping a very strict eye on things as you can imagine. Thanks again everybody for your well wishes.
Page 8 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 >