View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-12-2008, 01:17 PM
Oh that's a really good idea Elaine, why didn't I think of that?...DOH! Bucket and mop at the weekend me thinks...thanks for the tip x
wildfire
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Hi thanks for reply, I had my Ute from the same rescue through Jane McBurney, do you know her? she has 'Mishka's sister called Shiva. Mishka is like a pale ghost, mainly off white with silver and greys mixed in and small patches of soft peachy fur,pretty girl,she smiles. She is also becoming rather naughty and cheeky.The Labs are great but do not grow up very quickly, so I wish you luck and oodles of patience? believe me you will need it!
Take care let me know a bit about your Ute colour temperament etc.
Take care kind regards
Wildfire
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Well, having been away for 2 days I have noticed how tall Tara is growing!!

Hubby was puppy sitting, its seems the Terror has learnt how to undo baby gates as she let herself out this morning and decided to cause havoc and mayhem before hubby came downstairs, although I did tell him she has super hearing and knows the moment you wake up...men, it doesn't matter what you tell them, it goes in one ear and out the other.

Its seems that he decided to have a bath before he sorted Tara out, this gave her ample opportunity to have a good old roll around in her poo, she also has the runs at the mo, so you can imagine the mess..lol. sooo Madam also had her first bath this morning...pmsl

Men get so stressed out over puppies...lol, thank goodness I am home, normality has resumed
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Sunday - 7th Dec

The reason for higlighting the day is that my little (or not so little) Tara spent her first night in the crate with the door shut and we had a dry/clean night...she was so good and didn't wake up to go until hubby got up at 7am..this is a huge milestone for is all..I am so proud of her.

And here are some more photos of her from last night...

In front of the fire, learning to get the best spot

What you got there mum?

Posing

Daddy and Tara asleep at last..lol
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Well Tara had her first proper walk yesterday, although we had to buy her a little coat as she was so cold, so off we went to PAH and tried them all on, ending up with this rather s****y little number

littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Remember how I said how her hosuetraining was coming on and that she was dry in the crate....well WRONG!!

I was awoken from a rather nice dream at 5am by Tara HOWLING the house down, it was like something from Hound of the Baskervilles!! Thinking we had been broken into and a burglar was torturing her I jumped out of bed, and flew downstairs, well flew, more like slid on my bottom, which stung like bilio I can tell you.

Anyway, rubbing my bottom, I opened the crate, Tara bounced out covered in her own wee, but thinking this was the best way to get mummys attention and now it should be playtime!!!...Doing my best 'ignore and clean up the mess' face, she decided to grab my dressing gown and play tuggy, all the while I am avoiding poo and pee...little mare!!

Finally after plonking her in the garden, whispering wee wee in loudest whisper, and then bunging the bedding in the washing machine, I then had to dig a duvet out of the airing cupboard for her to sleep on in the crate...no sooner had I done that she was on it and snuggling down to sleep again, whereas I spent the next 1hour and half wide awake in bed

So tonight, its crate door open again and newspaper/puppy pads unfortunately she has already outgrown this crate, so we are borrowing a larger one as of next week
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2008, 04:27 PM
OK, now come on, someone could have warned me that at 12 weeks old she could master opening doors and baby gates.....that bit of info DID NOT come with the instruction manual

Came down this morning to find Madam Terror Tara in my office tearing up paper and having had a poo in the middle of the rug..didn't know whether to laugh at her cleverness or cry

The thing is, even I struggle to open that door, the handle is bent and is a booger to push down Dog only knows how she did it
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2008, 09:26 AM
Well, we have moved onwards and upwards sinced day one, Tara now weighs 24lbs and is sprouting upwards rather than outwards.

Her favourite Radio Station is currently Radio 2 and she enjoys Steve Wright in the afternoon

Of course being a puppy is extremely hard work and takes a lot out of her, so she sleeps as much as possible.

Her favourite sleeping place is our sofa, which she can actually climb up on she is that tall.

We love her to bits and could never imagine life without her.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2008, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by littlelab View Post
OK, now come on, someone could have warned me that at 12 weeks old she could master opening doors and baby gates.....that bit of info DID NOT come with the instruction manual
If you haven't already got one, you might want to swap your babygate for a dog-gate!

They are the same as the baby-gates, but taller (made by the same people etc). Argos sell them I think, not too bad a price either...

Max was able to get over a conventional baby gate by about 3 or 4 months old, so it wouldn't surprise me if Tara just popped over it!!

P.S. She is gorgeous - I have refrained from showing my OH this thread, as IWH are one of his 'wish breeds'
Spirit_Storm
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Oh the joys!!! I dont think I own a pair of shoes that have not been through any dog doo!

There used to be a time when christening a new pair of shoes involved someone treading on your toes....not any more.....
Page 8 of 25 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »