Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by Emma
i think the reason that 'gameness' is missing from many KC reg Staffs is the fact that good breeders dont use aggressive (in any shape or form) dogs, if a dog is extremely dog aggressive then it wont (or shouldnt be) bred from, it is something that is slowly being stamped out, and rightly so, the reason they had 'gameness' in the past WAS for fighting etc, and as it is no longer part of the breed then it is a trait that is no longer desired or wanted.
I went to a few SSBTC shows and the amount of dogs lunging at the end of the leads was unreal, snarling & snapping at other dogs I was shocked as it wasnt what I expected as you hear so much about how the aggression is bred out of these dogs. Not that I am implying these dogs are "game" because they snarl from a lead, far from it, infact quite the opposite but they did still show aggression.

If you are looking for old time KC registered dogs here are two sites of people who own & breed KC dogs that are more inline with the old standard.

www.holmes-staffords.co.uk

www.cosmos-staffords.co.uk

Laura
tombotha
Dogsey Junior

02-02-2005, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Laura
Originally Posted by tom
Yoe see, in my opinion, thats a gorgeous dog, but for some reason all the lads on the forum I mentioned were taking the mick saying it wasn't at all "game" and had no heart

ARRGGGHHHHH I wasnt going to get involved. I post on there Tom I dont remember anybody mentioning the dog having no heart, it was pointed out that he did have problems with breathing and that many people were not happy with the fact that he is a breed representative as he is very very extreme in looks. Not sure if your here to stir it up but if not then make sure you quote people in context.
It may not have been on that exact forum they said that, but I have definately visited one were those comments were made. I wouldn't bother making it up, what would be the point? I don't own a staffy yet so why would I try and slate one or the other, or "stir" it as you put it? I wouldn't have much of a reason to, unless I thought my imaginary dog was superior to all KC ones

It may of actually been the bull terrier times forum come to think of it, but those comments were definately made somewhere.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2005, 03:33 PM
I wasnt sure that was why I asked, my preference is for the Irish bred SBTs but there are some nice KC dogs out there its just not all are my cup of tea.

I know of more breeders of Irish dogs than I do KC but seeing as you asked if there was anybody breeding larger KC dogs out there I have infact posted two links to two websites that I know of who breed quality Stafffords KC registered but more inline with the older standard.
tombotha
Dogsey Junior

02-02-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Laura
I wasnt sure that was why I asked, my preference is for the Irish bred SBTs but there are some nice KC dogs out there its just not all are my cup of tea.

I know of more breeders of Irish dogs than I do KC but seeing as you asked if there was anybody breeding larger KC dogs out there I have infact posted two links to two websites that I know of who breed quality Stafffords KC registered but more inline with the older standard.
Thanks for that, sorry if I sounded like I was having a go, I just didn't want to give people the impression that i had some sort of elitist attitude when it came to Staffs, as many on this site, you included probably know 100 times what I do (we all have to start somewhere! )
Page 8 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8