Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
Yes I walked with her last Tuesday and Eddie is just sooooo gorgeous and was absolutely fine with my boys. Emma (quite rightly IMO) doesn't want to overface him with a lot of unknown dogs which might set him back. I said I would report back how it goes and she might come on the next walk.
Awww that's great news, I've been thinking about Eddie and wondering how she was getting on with him. I agree, this walk may be too much for Eddie right now considering it seems like it may be a large group but hopefully we can meet them sometime.

It'll be great to finally put some names to faces. I hope this works out and can be a regular thing, it would be nice.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Awww that's great news, I've been thinking about Eddie and wondering how she was getting on with him. I agree, this walk may be too much for Eddie right now considering it seems like it may be a large group but hopefully we can meet them sometime.

It'll be great to finally put some names to faces. I hope this works out and can be a regular thing, it would be nice.
Yes me too!
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2010, 08:37 PM
One week to walkies we're looking forward to it. My dog trainer accused Cain of putting on some weight which has slightly upset me as I'm quite careful about what I feed him. My dog trainer has GSD and I think he is comparing Cain to them and forgetting that he is half Akita which will make him a bit stockier. He's far from fat but maybe he has snuck on a few pounds. And some extra exercise won't do him any harm. So we're on an exercise mission. Off on a four hour walk up Richmond Park today then somewhere long tomorrow (it will involve jogging, pity I'm so unfit!) then hopefully a good long walk next week. If he doesn't lose wright at least he'll sleep well lol!

looking forward to next week though! And you can all tel me if my dog is fat
If you're comfortable with his weight then don't take the trainer's comments to heart too much. A friend of mine told me off for letting Casper get fat recently, but he was going through a mega GSD moult and it was literally all loose undercoat, I was getting bags off him all the time. And my mum comments on Kiki's weight sometimes - she was always very lean on kibble as she just didn't gain weight no matter how much you fed, she put a little bit on when I switched to raw and I feel she looks much better for it - my mum's used to GSDs and forgets Kiki is very Rottie-ish.
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Not long now guys! And I see since that last time I was on (at my parents and laptop is my sisters ) we have a few more possibles! Should be a nice walk And I would love for it to be a regular thing. It would be nice to know some more people in London! Plus the few who couldn't make this one could come on future adventures.

Hope everyone is well!

Sarah x
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Looks like it might be wellyboots and coats rather than wades in the river to cool off at this rate! OH may wimp out if it's rainy so might just be me and Kiki, we'll see.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Looks like it might be wellyboots and coats rather than wades in the river to cool off at this rate! OH may wimp out if it's rainy so might just be me and Kiki, we'll see.
The 5 day forecast says "white cloud" and 21C on Saturday. Perfect weather for walking...........but that could change of course.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2010, 10:23 PM
How British of us, discussing the weather lol. Cup of tea anyone?

cool and overcast would be fine by me. I'd rather it didn't rain, Cain is already offensive enough on public transport because of his size, without being wet and muddy! If we get thrown off the train, it's one long walk home
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2010, 10:56 PM
..well Tupac may not be able to go...and swimming will be a no no and thats the reason he loves boxhilll sooo much
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2010, 06:17 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
..well Tupac may not be able to go...and swimming will be a no no and thats the reason he loves boxhilll sooo much
Just saw your health post. Poor Tupac I hope he heals quickly
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2010, 08:00 AM
How British of us, discussing the weather lol. Cup of tea anyone?

cool and overcast would be fine by me. I'd rather it didn't rain, Cain is already offensive enough on public transport because of his size, without being wet and muddy! If we get thrown off the train, it's one long walk home
I'll bring a spare towel and a pack of babywipes, that should get him presentable enough. At least he's not white, Casper looked such a state after our walk in the rain last night, and I'd forgotten how lovely the smell of damp dog in the house is
Page 8 of 13 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »