View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-07-2005, 10:28 AM
I would have liked to have seen the age limit lowered. I believe abortion however is a very personal decision and one I don't believe that anyone takes lightly. I am glad women have the choice and would never condem anyone for having an abortion if they felt it was the right course of action for them.

Every individual case is different and you certainly cant generalise on this issue in my opinion.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2005, 10:45 AM
I still say I don't know ..however i would not want to carry a child after a rape !! no matter how scarid a life is .
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-07-2005, 10:51 AM
Very true inca and imagine if it was your own child who was raped. As someone else pointed out it could be a young 10 year old.
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-07-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Wolfie
and i'm sure it's not one that women take lightly
I really wish that was true, but I know so many people who have had abortions and never gave it much though, really they used (and still use) it as a method of contraception - one person in particular springs to mind who went around telling people as if it was an everyday occurance. I have worked with alot of people who have had abortions and I must say many, maybe even the majority, of the young girls I saw never saw it as that big a deal - and some of them had had a number of abortions. The thing is these girls had never viewed it as an ethical decision, it was just an operation to them - that to me is worrying.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-07-2005, 10:54 AM
to say its unexeptable is impossible, there are many circumstances in which would make the life for that child not exactly ideal.
But personally i dont understand a person whom had an abortion when they weren't trying to prevent gettign pregnant.
best wishes
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-07-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by Inca
I still say I don't know ..however i would not want to carry a child after a rape !! no matter how scarid a life is .
I agree I wouldn't want to carry it, but I think someone's right to live comes before someone else's right to make a decision to take a life.

I think one of the major issue I have regarding abortion is ...When is life regarded as life. What makes a baby in the womb any different from a baby outside the womb. If a mother was to terminate the life of a baby outside of the womb it would be regarded as murder, but if she was to terminate it's life while inside it is acceptable. Why does a baby at 21 weeks and 6 days not have the same rights as a baby at 22 weeks. I think so much of it comes down to an individuals interpretation of when life is life.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2005, 11:07 AM
People can get pregnant even after taking all the precautions believe me, not very common but it can happen..
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by Gems
People can get pregnant even after taking all the precautions believe me, not very common but it can happen..
My mum's friend copped for twins when the condom broke ...
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by olive
I agree I wouldn't want to carry it, but I think someone's right to live comes before someone else's right to make a decision to take a life.
i disagree Olive...I think it would be my decision and mine only ..it would be my right to choose... I can see what you are saying that all life is sacrid and I admire your strong beliefs but the childs wefare after birth has to be considerd ..... I would not want to raise a rapists child it would be unfair to me and my children and more important the child itself...
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by Inca
but the childs wefare after birth has to be considerd
This is exactly why I cannot reconcile myself with the strong views of pro-life campaigners. For me, part of considering a life sacred is to be aware of all of the responsibilities raising that life entails. While I would never condone anyone using termination as a form of birth control, or being complacent about it, there are too many circumstances that can arise whereby keeping and raising that child could be deemed irresponsible.

It is down to personal choice, and personal choice alone, and as Dibley said, generic sweeping statements should not apply to this issue.
Page 8 of 17 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »