View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 03:13 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean about the disposable whelping boxes. I felt the same but then I looked it up and some people say better to have a disposable each time so as to discard the box with any germs that might be lurking!
Mind you, a bit of bleach and hot water and I'm sure any germs would be exterminated

There were some great whelping boxes on ebay, when I was looking, back in August. They were plastic (pretty much your average dog bed, but kind of had the heating pad "built in" so to speak, which I thought was a very good idea.

In the meantime, if Princess does decide to surprise you before the Whelping Box arrives, I'd keep the travelling crate cleaned and handy, just in case.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 06:57 PM
hi hun so pleased all going well for you it is exciting . When my lottie gave birth (prt) i used a crate for her you will need to make some roll bars so that if the pups go to the side mum can't roll on them i used brrom handles cut to size worked for me, she had 7 pups and was a great mum.

I am sure you will love the whole experiance from start to finish and would love to see pics.

here is a pic of my lottie after she had her babys.

CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Awwww, that pic is just beautiful!

Great idea about using broom handles as roll bars! Why didn't I think of that
Chi-Owner
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-11-2008, 11:53 PM
I have ordered a whelping box now. Just hope it gets here in time
Good idea with the poles though. I didnt understand the science of what they are there for so just ordered one.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2008, 09:57 AM
well at least you have a back up plan in case she goes before hand hun. every thing is crossed for you here.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2008, 02:29 PM
Well, hopefully the w. box will be with you in the next few days. If not and your girl decides to go early, I am sure the crate will work just fine, especially with sj's great idea about the poles!

How is Princess today?
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 02:25 PM
How is she doing? Keep checking back to see how your little Princess is? Any news?
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2008, 03:33 PM
hi hun hope your girly is doing well, thought you might like to see my girls pups, she gave birth on thur throu the day all doing really well 8 pups all fit and healthy 4 of each sex.

looking forward to seeing your girls pups every thing is crossed for you both. xxxxxx enjoy every min of it hun.
Chi-Owner
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Hi everybody
Its bad news im afraid. Non of princesses puppies survived. They all faded out within 24 hours of being born. The vet did all he could for them at the practice but that wasnt enough.
I feel really sad for my little girl, She is fine although she keeps looking for her pups. My poor little baby would have been a fantastic mum too
I dont know at the moment if it would be a good idea to buy a puppy? I feel so bad for her! Maybe she would take a puppy on as her own?
What do people think about this? I only want to see my poor girl happy!!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Why did they not survive?
Page 8 of 16 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »