Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Same here, unless ofcause I start to add.. the oddkick/nudge/string em up with it

Me too, when my dogs look at me, on their walks, its because more often than not, they are looking for that treat im my pocket...or in Bandits case, he has his nose permanently stuck IN my pocket..just in case one falls out... mind thats inbetween his obsessing with marking every fence/tree/gatepost/ and piece of paper he comes across.

Maybe I should start to tsssst and nudge him every time he does that , to prove I am "to be obeyed"

Thought about it......nope, will carry on and let my dogs be dogs and enjoy their walk!!!!!!
Gosh....your walks sound soooooo like mine! Cosmo looks at us as a large ball thrower/treat dispenser..and Tango is fast apporaching the same mindset. I normally seem to find some other dog that wants to stick it's nose in my pocket or sit in front of me hopefully as well!!!!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Gosh....your walks sound soooooo like mine! Cosmo looks at us as a large ball thrower/treat dispenser..and Tango is fast apporaching the same mindset. I normally seem to find some other dog that wants to stick it's nose in my pocket or sit in front of me hopefully as well!!!!! :lol:
Tell me about it...
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

03-08-2009, 10:47 AM
All frightfully amusing and somewhat off topic

REMINDER: This thread is in one of our more serious sections - so please be -extra- careful not to post any off-topic replies. We aim to archive these sections as a useful resource. Thanks.

ha ha ha I'm sure anyone new to dogs who apparently you all feel the need to show just how abhorrant he is must be cracking their ribs with merriment and mirth, either that or thinking the forum has been taken over by a bunch of 5 year olds.

Reasoned arguement and debate are fine and will get your point across in a sensible way taking the mick just shows what depths you sink to in my ever so humble opinion.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post

REMINDER: This thread is in one of our more serious sections - so please be -extra- careful not to post any off-topic replies. We aim to archive these sections as a useful resource. Thanks.

ha ha ha I'm sure anyone new to dogs who apparently you all feel the need to show just how abhorrant he is must be cracking their ribs with merriment and mirth, either that or thinking the forum has been taken over by a bunch of 5 year olds.

Reasoned arguement and debate are fine and will get your point across in a sensible way taking the mick just shows what depths you sink to im ny ever so humble opinion.
This is precisely what I've been saying (in different words). The "antis" are full of sarcasm and judgement, attacking the "pros" the whole way through all CM threads. Yes us "pros" put our point strongly at times but I think, in all three current threads, quite honestly, some of the "pros" have behaved like overgrown school kids; pointscoring and sarcasm in many posts

I am quite shocked but feel it's important for any newcomers to see the types that are so opposed to CM
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Sorry Miss!
I know the OP said saying no trainer would take my dog wasn`t an option but heck...

There is absolutely no point in someone else taking a dog YOU have screwed up, getting it right, then giving it back to you. So the question is a bit odd IMHO.
A good trainer or behaviourist would work with the owner, not the dog. I f the owner can`t change, the dog will simply regress.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Sorry JuniorDaddy that is not a training method I would like to use on my dog, unless of course I wanted him to be not very well adjusted!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

03-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
This is precisely what I've been saying (in different words). The "antis" are full of sarcasm and judgement, attacking the "pros" the whole way through all CM threads. Yes us "pros" put our point strongly at times but I think, in all three current threads, quite honestly, some of the "pros" have behaved like overgrown school kids; pointscoring and sarcasm in many posts

I am quite shocked but feel it's important for any newcomers to see the types that are so opposed to CM
Would that be the pro`s, how support CM
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

03-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Sorry Miss!
I know the OP said saying no trainer would take my dog wasn`t an option but heck...

There is absolutely no point in someone else taking a dog YOU have screwed up, getting it right, then giving it back to you. So the question is a bit odd IMHO.
A good trainer or behaviourist would work with the owner, not the dog. I f the owner can`t change, the dog will simply regress.
Where did I say it was, it's not a very clever question but I didn't pose the question, I just answered it hypothetically without copping out. He does work with the owners so not sure what point you're making there unless it's in relation to the original question. Which I thought also covered boarding.

Out of interest how many people would be happy to have their dog boarded/trained by Caesar Millan?

No copping out and saying you wouldn't leave your dog anywhere!

Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

03-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post

Reasoned argument and debate are fine and will get your point across in a sensible way taking the mick just shows what depths you sink to in my ever so humble opinion.
Oops , sorry we have followed on as the topic has progressed...from whether we would allow our dogs to go to CM to JD giving advice to Pidge in how to teach heel work...and some of us responding to that post.

Back to the original topic...so anyone new reading this thread, may not get confused!!! NOT A CHANCE IS HELL!!!!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Trouble - I was commenting on the OP, not your posts. Which I am entitled to do. I don`t think it`s OT to look at issues around the original question.
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 20 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »