View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2010, 04:10 PM
I have four dogs - both german shepherds from breeders and a collie from a farm. My other collie is a rehome, as his shepherd owner died suddenly and he was looking for a home.

My first GSD was a rehome through the police and we had a rescue cat and rabbits when growing up.

I volunteer for GSD Rescue, and so imagine the majority of my future dogs will be through the rescue.
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-08-2010, 05:06 PM
I have 5 just now, all adopted, 4 are here to stay but one is going to live with my parents next week as their dog passed on recently.

I would never do anything but rehome. They are all wonderful and very dearly loved.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Dahlia was adopted from a rescue in May 2008. She was originally in a high kill shelter where she was almost put down and then taken in by a rescue. I met her when I helped transport her to the rescue and fell in love with her. I adopted her a few weeks later.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2010, 06:55 PM
4 of my 5 are rescues. Only Otis isn't. he's my Bessie's son and we kept him. I love having rescues.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Miranda Luck View Post
Hedgehogs from breeders??? Is this common?!?
Relatively yes - Hedgehogs are not too common as pets at the moment but already there are good breeders and moneymaking idiots and a few in rescue
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
I have known plenty of DT dogs that have been rehomed to owners living flats.
Excuse my ignorance but what's a DT dog?
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2010, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by 1cutedog View Post
Excuse my ignorance but what's a DT dog?
Dogs' Trust?
Harleygjc
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-08-2010, 11:46 AM
9 dogs here ALL of which are rescued! I used to always rescue/adopt my dogs from a certain centre in the bath area and always the older/unwanted ones but after recent events I'll never go near there again.

Since then I've been rescuing from a small place down in cornwall and have recently adopted a 3 legged staffy/lurcher cross who as you can imagine gets shed loads of attention. I've also recently rescued a young seagull that I found wondering my local streets, after I realised the parents were not on any building trying to get him up I brought him home and found him to have a damaged eye and was not able to use his wings at all, so now he lives in a outside avairy I built and is quite happy.
Miranda Luck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Harleygjc View Post
9 dogs here ALL of which are rescued! I used to always rescue/adopt my dogs from a certain centre in the bath area and always the older/unwanted ones but after recent events I'll never go near there again.

Since then I've been rescuing from a small place down in cornwall and have recently adopted a 3 legged staffy/lurcher cross who as you can imagine gets shed loads of attention. I've also recently rescued a young seagull that I found wondering my local streets, after I realised the parents were not on any building trying to get him up I brought him home and found him to have a damaged eye and was not able to use his wings at all, so now he lives in a outside avairy I built and is quite happy.
I also had a seagull! It was brought into the vets I was working at so no chance of getting it back to its nest. It grew up totally imprinted on initially (as hand fed) but eventually ended up living quite happily with my hens!
alice0675
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-08-2010, 02:28 PM
1 rescue here
Page 8 of 13 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »