register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-07-2014, 09:41 PM
Blimey just seen on the news about the flooding in Worthing. Hope Helena can swim
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2014, 09:47 PM
Aye I've been seeing on the news that there has been flash flooding going on all over the place. Hope everyone south is safe!

Have to say, my whole time in Otterburn there was only one day of rain, the rest of the time it was frigging roasting! Even at night it was silly hot. Here it is at least a little cooler thank goodness and next to no rain.

Going to start Davie and I on a fitness regime, which he will not like to an extent, but my cousin is going to get involved in a few weeks. He is an ex PT instructor for the army so I'm hoping he can get Davie enthused about it. Davie is fed up of not being able to keep up and on the March and Shoot had to drop out after trying to run up a hill in kit and literally fell into my arms (I was on a safety vehicle opposite one of the safety points) crying cause he couldn't keep going. He was heartbroken too. Poor wee man. But he said he wanted to get fitter so we are both going to do it
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-07-2014, 09:50 PM
Does he do any sport at school at all or is there something he'd be interested in taking part in
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2014, 09:54 PM
I took ELAINE's advice and had a few glasses of wine...
Niece is staying tonight,watching a DVD with youngest.Will head off somewhere tomorrow with them,I think,take the Princess too.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2014, 09:58 PM
TW, no, he doesn't like PE at school. The only time he is interested in any sport is when it's with cadets. Even then he has to be talked into it. He did go for the cross country race at annual camp and came in 29th in his level...not sure how many were taking part though.

He was trying so hard that even the commandant came up after it was all finished and congratulated him on trying so hard. Poor Davie, he was breaking his heart cause he thought he let me down. Told him that there was no way. He was running in a jacket, trousers, boots and a webbing vest (unloaded - only a water bottle in it), and it was over 25 degrees heat so to get as far as he did was pretty good.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-07-2014, 10:07 PM
Its a shame he's not into anything in particular as it will be easier to get him going if he was
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2014, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Its a shame he's not into anything in particular as it will be easier to get him going if he was
I agree TW, but he has never been the sporty type. He didn't like football, didn't like Judo. The only thing he remotely kinda likes is running, swimming or cycling. Even then, only if I go where running or cycling is concerned.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-07-2014, 10:33 PM
Hope he gets into some sort of sport, because it is frightening how little exercise some kids get nowadays.
Eileen, have you got anywhere in particular in mind to go tomorrow.
Seen the forecast and we've got rain Thursday and Friday, will finish painting the spikes on the railings whilst it is fine, then do the plants when it isn't. Will really miss all this amazing weather, feel like I'm abroad somewhere nice.
Watered at the front, the plants at the back got done at tea time, off to do girly brekkies and have a soak
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2014, 01:58 AM
Well it's 10:00 p.m. and Nigredo is still limping very badly, though his spirits are up and he's eaten etc. We're going into the vet tomorrow. I don't see any other choice at this point. His day of rest did not help him and I have no idea what could have caused this issue.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2014, 06:40 AM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Hi guys

MJ, I think the problem was with how you referred to the lady. She may be hated on your block but the lady is still entitled to live. My suggestion would be ask the police to break in because it is evident that there is something really wrong. As for being involved, you won't be in any trouble, it is a neighbourly thing to do. I would certainly do it for some of my dodgy neighbours even though they are a pain.
I've only just read this. No where did I imply nor say that this lady didn't deserve to live. That is horrible and I would never say something like that. Rosebuds reaction was Rosebuds reaction. She always reacts with a dramatic flair that is her own IMO.

I'm the person that cares enough to even do anything. I'm the one who risked police accusing me of stuff and invading my privacy over a lady who has been nothing but awful to me and my family.

I'm the only one who even cared enough to notice the lady was missing! I referred to the lady how everyone around here refers to the lady. Unfortunately, nobody still knows where she is.

When we live ours lives a certain way, we can push away the only people that could possibly help us. Then, metaphorically speaking, when we are left hearing only our own echos when we call for help, perhaps we brought this upon ourselves.

Being nice to, and caring about someone who has been really awful to you can be very, very hard. I'll leave it at that.
Page 8 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8