View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 03:30 PM
Poor Shiloh and what a scary experience for you Jen! The Rott owner needs to get his dog under control. You did exactly what I would have done Jen.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by Mirkawolf View Post

As your bodyguards, I thought you had the three dogs mentioned next to your name? Not enough? I think you need a wolfdog, then
I do have three dogs, I know 2 would run off and Shaan would be a 'maybe'

As for having a wolfdog, the only way I'd get to own one is moving onto the continent or in my dreams
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2006, 03:57 PM
I am having similar problems with a border collie that the owner doesn't have any control over and it has been attacking my 2 on a regular basis when they are on the lead.
I rang the Dog Warden yesterday as I am terrified as to what would happen if my 2 (who were 12 weeks when it started but are now BIG girls of 10 months) managed to get hold of this dog. They told me that as my 2 are on a lead when it happens the owner of the collie is at fault and he would be liable for any injury or vets bills incurred by his dog. Your dog is allowed to defend itself when attacked on lead, so I would definately report him and his dog to the Dog Warden and ask their advice, then they have it on record if this idiot ever dares to make any sort of complaint, and also if it happens to someone else. I can't believe you are the only one it is had a go at, so the more people put it on record the more chance there is of him being forced to sort himself and his dog out.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 08:31 PM
bluemerle lover I don't think you did the wrong thing, If in a similar situation I may do the same. You know your dogs best
the other handy thing you can take on walks is a tin can with a lid full of stones or a plastic bottle with nuts and bolts, if a dog approaches in a hissy fit mood often a good rattle of a bottle or can will put them off. This would not work with my dogs as if I did this they would think oh best get in there and back mum up. Rottweilers can be quick to defend there peeps and things need kept calm if poss!! if I wind up so do they. I never walk more than 2 of my dogs at a time for this reason they would pack up in the face of an aggressive dog and I dread to think what would happen if all four got into a fight!!
Page 8 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8