Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
But this is just my point!!!! They do end up in rescue and some do get destroyed, so why would you want to continue that?????
but not all of them do, it was only 1 out of 4 litters, a higher % from commercial breeders/puppy farmers will end up in rescue.
I don't want it to continue I'd far rather they had returned the pup to me. That incident made me very fussy as to where my pups go.
Becky
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 04:42 PM
yes they are! im not going to start giving the details of the breeder as she gives the pups to the rescue after a lot of persuasion and i think i might ruin that relationship otherwise.
But here is a pic of Podge to prove that im not making this up:
PODGE IS A SPECIAL NEEDS PUP

24-07-07 Ten week old collie pup Podge has partial hearing and partial sight. He loves cuddles and is extremely huggable. He will reward you for taking him on with the love he will give. He will need a special doggy friend to help him. Please do not pass him by. There is no adoption fee though a donation would help.
I've never said you are making it up, I'm asking you to help me try and stop this breeder. I did ask however for the name of the breeder and you said you didn't know it, then in your post above say you don't want to give it out. I found that confusing.
You go on about irresponsible breeders yet when I offer to you a chance to do something about it, you do nothing.
Do you not see that by the rescue constantly taking on these puppies and people like you taking them on you are supplying a demand to this woman. This goes against everything you've been saying. How would the BCCGB being tipped off affect you in any way. She should be named and shamed not protected. I know you have acted in a humane way but indirectly, you and the rescue are supplying a demand for this woman. If she is shown up for the bad breeder she is, people will not go to her, therefore if there is no demand, she will stop breeding as it sounds like money is her only intention, especially at Blue Merles seem to be in fashion again.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 04:45 PM
its not the Breeders adding to it, its the people who dont research and give there dogs up when they relaise they have no idea how to look after them.

or its the people who buy puppies for christmas then relaise kids get bored of 'toys' a few weeks later!!

then they are genuine people who have to give up there house and cant take there dog into rented with them & have to give it to rescue, or the owner dies & the dog is taken into rescue etc

a good breeder will always take dogs back as stated in contracts.

you also say that rescues dont lie? iu was chattin to a lady who got a dog fro ma resuce and was told it was greatwith cats and chidren, only to find out it hated both & they had to drive 4 hours to give it back!!!

i know most dont, but that is bending the truth!
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 04:49 PM
How do you gather that my main accusation is making money...it is not, it is that healthy dogs are being destroed!
Nope, didn't mention your name, I was saying that this post is just another repeat of many threads and the main thing thrown at people breeding a litter is that they make vast amounts of money.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 04:53 PM
but surely 1 in 4 is to many?
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
Nope, didn't mention your name, I was saying that this post is just another repeat of many threads and the main thing thrown at people breeding a litter is that they make vast amounts of money.
well mine is not, mine is that healthy dogs all over this country and the world get desroyed because people want pedigree puppies!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 04:55 PM
1 puppy out of 4 litters, a total of (quick add up on calculator) 24 puppies which is approx 4%
Becky
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
its not the Breeders adding to it, its the people who dont research and give there dogs up when they relaise they have no idea how to look after them.

or its the people who buy puppies for christmas then relaise kids get bored of 'toys' a few weeks later!!

then they are genuine people who have to give up there house and cant take there dog into rented with them & have to give it to rescue, or the owner dies & the dog is taken into rescue etc

a good breeder will always take dogs back as stated in contracts.

you also say that rescues dont lie? iu was chattin to a lady who got a dog fro ma resuce and was told it was greatwith cats and chidren, only to find out it hated both & they had to drive 4 hours to give it back!!!

i know most dont, but that is bending the truth!
i trust both the rescues i got my dogs from, who support us with any difficulties and check in on us.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

No rescue (a decent one) will home a dog with it's papers,many go into rescue without any.

Why?

Usually they are bred without papers or the owner can't find them,etc.....
Taken from EASBTC Club Website
It is usually the policy of any Stafford Rescues,not to issue the dog with KC papers and have the dog neutered before it is rehomed.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
1 puppy out of 4 litters, a total of (quick add up on calculator) 24 puppies which is approx 4%
Becky
and thats not enough for you?
Page 8 of 32 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »