Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 12:08 PM
so she too must be beating any PD dogs that compete

Not sure how you get to that conclusion?

You can only beat what is there, and if there are no PD competing at the trial you are competing at, you have not beaten any have you?!

shame your bc was so small although we currently have cockers going over a 6ft scale!

They are very fit though, even though they qualify for the smaller jumps!

Ps I do not know of ANY breed that is consistently producing 0:0 scores, do you?

Not seen any in the KC breed supplements
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
It just had about a 30 second mention on Sky News. Clearly Kate and Wills at Wimbledon is far more important!!!
Typical...... a nation of animal lovers? Yeah, right.

Originally Posted by boxergoggins View Post
Just read an article online just now which says this policeman has not just done it once but twice and then got promotion W.t.f????

Yes, you read right...a woof has already died in a hot car under his "care"...then hes tried to take the cowards way out in trying to commit suicide...disgusting...
Send him to me, I'll help him out.....
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Once again I am so ashamed to be part of "The Human Race"......
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 02:16 PM
I am not. it contains plenty of fabulous people.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

28-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Not sure if anyone's posted this yet:

Handler treated in hospital after police dog deaths

A police dog handler has been treated in hospital following the deaths of two of his dogs who were left in a car on one of the hottest days of the year.

The animals were found collapsed in an unventilated vehicle at the Met Police's training centre in Keston, south-east London, on Sunday.

The officer, widely reported to be Sgt Ian Craven, was later found in the Newham area suffering a hand injury.

Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson said he was "very saddened" by the deaths.

The Directorate of Professional Standards has begun an inquiry.
Disciplinary inquiry

Sir Paul added: "I'm very saddened by what's happened and we are taking it very seriously.

"There's an investigation going on. It's being led by the RSPCA, with a separate internal disciplinary investigation going on in the force."

Officers forced their way into the car after being alerted.

The working Belgian Malinois and a German Shepherd puppy were taken from the dog training centre to an emergency vets, where both later died.

Police have not officially named the officer, but confirmed a policeman was found with injuries following the discovery of the dead canines.

The Met Police spokesman added: "The officer was located in Newham borough suffering a hand injury.

"He was taken to an east London hospital as a precaution and is currently receiving medical treatment."

The RSPCA, which is also investigating the incident near Bromley, where temperatures reached almost 30C on Sunday, advised people not to leave dogs in vehicles "for any length of time" during hot weather.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission has been made aware of the incident and the subsequent investigation.

The Met has about 250 working dogs and the animals at the training centre in Keston were either donated or bred on site.

The centre was set up in 1954.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13939439
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Not sure if anyone's posted this yet:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13939439
Glad the RSPCA are investigating as well as an internal investigation. hopefully he will be banned from keeping/owning and working with dogs in the future!!
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 02:58 PM
I read that he jumped from a moving car and tried to kill himself after hearing the news. I would like to think it was because he was so guilty for what he had done but the cynical side of me thinks its more likely a case of laying the ground work for a good court case to get away with it like the last one did.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
I read that he jumped from a moving car and tried to kill himself after hearing the news. I would like to think it was because he was so guilty for what he had done but the cynical side of me thinks its more likely a case of laying the ground work for a good court case to get away with it like the last one did.
Me too
And as for the brief mention on the news I think some of this is the usual case of the police closing ranks and not allowing reporting of their short comings.

Moi? Cynical?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
How long ago did work at the PD training centre ??

I know a good few PD handlers, some of them are real dog handlers but sadly some are police officers with a dog.

At our local PD section, they no longer train the dogs from scratch, they buy in fully trained dogs from Eastern Europe, if the dogs do not obtain their PD license they are shipped back & another supplied in it's place. Their drugs/explosive dogs come fully trained from the Army dog training school. To become a PD handler, all the officers have to do is apply & wait for a slot to turn up
Sadly my ex partner (the PD instructor) said precisely that. There are real dog handlers and then there are police officers with a dog He retired earlier this year and said he wouldn't trust the current lot with a hamster never mind a dog!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
I would like to believe (and actually do believe from my experiences with various PD handlers) that this handler will be absolutely distraught and that is why he jumped from the vehicle and tried to harm himself. However, I am in no way defending what he did - it is unforgivable.
Page 8 of 28 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »