Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 08:18 PM
*selects pretty blue tin hat and plonks it rather fetchingly on head

H - you are certainly in fighting mood and seem to be hardening yourself against the situation; it would be so sad if things go pear shaped after you have tried so very hard to make things right with Dave. I will still keep my fingers crossed that when he comes home at the weekend he is more upbeat and a little less selfish. As for that frog.....nope, definitely not Jimmi's work; his (disgusting) hallmark is a spilling of innards, and a poor frog that is not quite dead He had two more yesterday, quite big ones, that were hiding in the undergrowth away from the pond. I can only assume that they are coming into the garden from elswhere because he sure as hell wiped out the Spring population.

Jenny and Norma, that lion poo doesn't always work as a friend of mine found out to the cost of her chickens.......her dogs also ate as much as they could stuff in, and she said that their breath made her
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-07-2013, 08:29 PM
Can dogs lose their voice? Well not actually lose it but change to a totally different sound of bark?

The only way I can describe it is going from a milk chocolate bark to a very dark chocolate bark.

Yes I know that sounds daft but at this time of night that is the only way I can think of to describe it.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Yes they can Malka - sometimes they can lose their voice altogether if they keep on barking when they are already hoarse. Has she been having a row with something then?
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Helena - I hope you enjoyed the eggs ... done to perfection.

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Can dogs lose their voice? Well not actually lose it but change to a totally different sound of bark?

The only way I can describe it is going from a milk chocolate bark to a very dark chocolate bark.

Yes I know that sounds daft but at this time of night that is the only way I can think of to describe it.
How strange So a smooth bark to a 'rough' bark? I have no idea what can be causing it but I do remember that our family dog would always come out of kennels with a hoarse bark presumably from barking so much. He would always return to normal within 4 days or so though.

Sally - my dogs would hoover up lion poo, but as it doesn't work hey ho the dogs won't get the chance to try it. As for little Jimmi murdering the frogs and leaving their entrails around I do agree with you on that one He obviously still recognises the wolf in himself I felt so sorry for that lady who was searching for her Mother only to find that she had died ........... but lovely for her and her two siblings to get together.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Random responses here

Labrador I am SO pleased you are going to take that holiday!

Helena - buried (err I mean married) for more than 30 yrs?
I am stifling the jokes my friend!

Think whoever said I might have a bug is right coz I've got a nice ulcer on the side of my tongue now. I generally get stuff like that when I'm 'under par'. Still feel decidedly lousy and tired. Stomach feels a bit dicky too.

Decided the best thing to do when not up to anything good is to work and get paid for feeling lousy! So have put a few hours in.

Must set an alarm for 11 so I don't forget the vet at 11.30 in case I am still woolly headed tomorrow.

Tomorrow - and the dreaded nail trim for muttley. Her first ever since she was a puppy. Should be fun.

Think I will ask him to do the nails first. If he tries to do them after sticking her with a needle she might well go nuts again! A minpin in a temper is a sight to behold but it does make you laugh.

Dillon and Bella will both be having their paws mucked about with tomorrow.

Goodnight everyone. Oh and Helena the dress will fit I tried it on in M&S here where they want about 100 euros for it!

Hope all poorly and prone to fitting doggies have a good night tonight.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-07-2013, 09:27 PM
No Sally - she was a bit niggly earlier but not barking, and has actually hardly barked at all today as it has been very quiet outside. She is not a serial barker in any case.

She was outside and I heard what I thought was a stray dog barking and could not understand why Pereg did not bark back, and when I looked it was Pereg having a bark at something among the trees over the road. But it just did not sound like her. She also did a different bark at me to ask for her usual three tiny bikkies - most strange.

So no excessive barking, definitely has not scratched her throat with a bone as she had four frozen sardines for her evening meal and crunched them up well as usual. Just as she crunches all her bone meals.

I do not know - what with last Monday and Tuesday seizures, then post-ictal every evening until yesterday which was the first quiet evening since the seizures. But then she had a bad night and could not settle, kept getting off the bed and wandering about then coming back to bed - then wanting out - and yet she has been fine again today until earlier this evening when I had to give her a calming pill.

It is a bit of a worry really.

jenny.g - it was not a harsh bark - just a deeper tone one. As in the difference in colours from milk chocolate to dark chocolate.

Oh how I wish I could express what I mean properly, but then I really do not know how to describe different sounds properly.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 09:28 PM
I'm logging off for the night now - sleep well one and all and see you tomorrow.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Jenny, I have recorded the programme but don't really like watching it, I must be honest. Not sure why, perhaps it is the sadness of it all, and the emotions. I did watch Undercover Boss however, and that was quite good - DHL this time.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Weather forecast for tomorrow is not very good at all, got the bone run tomorrow so will get off as soon as I can, I can never seem to collect them much before 12.30 no matter how early I phone
Meant to watch Undercover Boss on +4 and forgot about it.
Hope Pereg is better in the morning Malka. Very strange isn't it. Fingers crossed you get a reasonably peaceful night
Off to do girlie brekkies then am going to get in a warm bath and read my book in bed.
Nighty night everyone
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Nighty Night anyone whose still around
Page 8 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >