View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2009, 10:18 AM
No one walks my dogs but me. You never know what can happen, there are so many dogs on the loose these days. I am over protective of my dogs but they are mine and I love them. Louis got chased by a dog a few years ago and I am so glad I was there to protect him. I am not sure if a child would know what to do.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Now Charlie is 16 he takes the two little one's out (both JRT's) and that I don't mind too muchhe is 6ft 2 after all, but no one walks Inca except me, not even the ex who owns her ha ha.
I wouldn't let a child under 16 walk a dog nowadays, just too risky for them, the dog and they fact so many people are out now to 'claim' on others, if you get my gist.
Briard Lover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-10-2009, 05:09 PM
No I would not let anyone walk my dog, (well Hubby sometimes) but she is a big dog and I know how to handle her. We don't have children, but I see other people who let there children be dragged down the road by the family dog. Crazy
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2009, 07:47 PM
I recently started to allow a neighbour's daughter to walk my Rufus...she had been coming out with me in the evenings and so I thought I could trust her. How wrong I was...it turned out she had been taking him down to Waitrose, tying him up outside and going to buy him some doggy treats!! Her heart was in the right place but she just didn't see the danger. Never again!
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by elmac13 View Post
I recently started to allow a neighbour's daughter to walk my Rufus...she had been coming out with me in the evenings and so I thought I could trust her. How wrong I was...it turned out she had been taking him down to Waitrose, tying him up outside and going to buy him some doggy treats!! Her heart was in the right place but she just didn't see the danger. Never again!
There are often dogs tied up outside our Tesco. There is a big notice saying that dogs have been stolen so they do not recommend dogs being left unattended People still leave their dog there though, I cannot understand it.
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Annajayne View Post
There are often dogs tied up outside our Tesco. There is a big notice saying that dogs have been stolen so they do not recommend dogs being left unattended People still leave their dog there though, I cannot understand it.
I know...outside our Sainsburys too and just about every shop in that shopping centre. The dogs always look so worried I feel sorry for them.This girl I was talking about was also taking Rufus home to loll about in her house when I had specifically told her..twice round the park and straight home! He can loll about his own house, it's exercise he needs!
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7