View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Thank you guys, and just for the record, Icon was wormed just before he went in the kennels, on his last stay in the kennels when he was thin I wormed him as a precaution, with prescription lung wormer which also kills normal worms, so it must have been at the kennels as I managed to put weight on him within a matter of two weeks before.

I'm off to teach now, but when I get back if Deccy has the balls to reply, I will be posting pics on here of him before all this just to prove that I am who I say I am.

Sam, you're an angel, and I know my boy will be loved to death xxx
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
Sorry, but I am absolutely horrified at the pics, that dog is so emaciated it’s borderline cruelty (and that’s being charitable) it’s DISGUSTING and I hope he finds a decent forever home where he will be treated properly. It’s great that he’s been rescued before he got any worse so well done for that. However, I cannot understand why it seems ok to show such an appalling case on a public forum and show utmost sympathy to the person who has caused this. Double standards aren’t in it!
I have re-read this again are you saying i am not a decent forever home. As if that is so you dont know me so can't say that and its affencive. but then i could be miss reading it.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by sjpurt View Post
I have re-read this again are you saying i am not a decent forever home. As if that is so you dont know me so can't say that and its affencive. but then i could be miss reading it.
I don't think she has been bothered to read that he is now in his new forever home hun, I don't think she has read much about him and the situation at all and has just jumped to conclusions.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
I don't think she has been bothered to read that he is now in his new forever home hun, I don't think she has read much about him and the situation at all and has just jumped to conclusions.
I get the feeling it was more of a personal put down. But by not reading it correctly it makes it sound like i should not have got Icon and that hurts. But i will put pics up of him as he is happy so you can all see how he is doing as i never brake a promise more so when its to family which dogsey is to me and Lorna.

Its when people Jump conclusions like this that people get hurt for no reason and nasty words are said.

I am not a nasty person and will let things go over my head but that was so not called for.

but thanks Random
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
Sorry, but I am absolutely horrified at the pics, that dog is so emaciated it’s borderline cruelty (and that’s being charitable) it’s DISGUSTING and I hope he finds a decent forever home where he will be treated properly. It’s great that he’s been rescued before he got any worse so well done for that. However, I cannot understand why it seems ok to show such an appalling case on a public forum and show utmost sympathy to the person who has caused this. Double standards aren’t in it!
He does not look emaciated a little thin maybe and wormy but alot of dogs wont eat in kennels my lab lost alot of weight in the kennel and im sure if she was there for a while she would have caught worms its hard to prevent in a
kennel situation
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 05:48 PM
2 pics forgot to put up.

sam
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Beautiful pics of Icon I believe stress can make dogs loose weight He wasn't happy in kennels and he loved Lorna so much he wanted to be with her all the time... Now she has shown him true love by letting him go to an excellent home I have a thin dog.... I would be distraught if anyone thought he was starved, but I know he is a spoilt lap dog
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Woah whats gone on here? It has been clearly stated that Icon has been in kennels to try to combat seperation anxiety (would a non caring owner do that) it has been clearly stated in other posts how horrified and upset Lorna was by the weight loss Icon suffered, it has been well documented how upset and torn Lorna was at finding a new home for Icon, and the pictures to me show a happy dog trying to adjust to new surroundings.

Surely Lorna has been through enough these last few days. Sam you and your family are stars for helping out.

(JMO bit if people are going to post on sensitive threads its perhaps a good idea to read them carefully 1st)

Hugs to all involved
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 06:13 PM
thanks guys its nice you can see what i could see, felt really bad after reading that.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 08:06 PM
What a heartbreaking decision to make Lorna, but you put Icon first. Looking at those photos of him with his new pals, we can see for certain he is never going to be lonely. Also thanks to SJ and her mums kindness in giving Icon a new home, you will be able to keep yourself updated with how he is getting on.

I for one think Icon is a real lucky boy to have had such a caring owner as yourself, then has had the best of luck to move to another lovely home
Page 7 of 18 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »