register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spot
Dogsey Veteran

13-04-2005, 11:13 AM
Why on earth would I post under another name? Is that allowed? Im not sure what you're accusing me of there?
Oh and as for sweeping statements - none of you own a greyhound! You dont know what dogs I have do you?
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2005, 11:19 AM
Spot, come on, like a few have asked several times now but you have skimmed over where is the evidence to back up your facts? Not having a go, anybody fighting for the rights of animals is to be commended would just like some clarification on the points a few people raised but you havent yet replied to.

Oh and yes if you wanted to anybody can make up a new user name and start posting, very simple, Admin are the only ones who would know who you were cause of the IP....
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2005, 11:20 AM
I dont think anybody was getting at you either you have decided to take this very personally trouble is when you give an opinion and give your views you also have to remember that others may have conflicting views. It does not make one right or wrong but simple fact is if you can give it out you should be able to take it too.

Nobody mentioned anything about the dogs you (specifically) own. I think Dawns post was in relation to the fact that the MAJORITY of people posting do not activley help in Greyhound rescue or own the breed.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Yep Laura, thats what I meant. :smt003

I don't wish to seem rude Spot, but you still have done nothing to assure anyone that you are genuine, then you come out with things like "you don't know what dogs I have do you" more inuendo's........ No point in this any longer is there? :smt102
Dawn.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn
As I have said before, its alright everybody having a dig and saying how bad it is, but NONE of you own Greyhounds (including me!) none of you are reducing the numbers by even one, by taking one in etc... a tad hypocritical if you ask me.

Dawn some people actually donate to such causes as this- so i dont think thats at all hypocrytical- If I went to greyhound racing and supported ut then yes it would be hypocritical
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2005, 01:08 PM
i agree with lel

I also dont think its hyprocritical to have a point of view - so if I beleive that I think its tragic how alot of exracers are abandoned etc etc - then I dont think its hyprocritical to think like this just because I dont own one. I think killing elephants for their tusks is wrong yet I dont own one - although I do support many animal charities = so just because someone doesnt own a greyound doesnt mean that they dont care about them and their well being. After all the same could be said about any breed.

At the end of the day if I owned every animal that I cared about, donated to and was touched by their plight - I would have quite a menagerie - I only own a rescued staffie who is dog aggressive so couldnt own any other animal at present.

Dani
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

13-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Hi All

If anyone suspects someone signing up a duplicate account then please PM admin and let us know - we'll take a look and if any action is required, we will take it.

Please don't accuse people on the public board because if it is untrue it's not very nice for that person. By all means question what they post but please do so in a friendly manner.

The heated debates section does get a lot of new members to join because alot of the times, a subject is being talked about that they feel strongly about.

The golden rule is to treat each post on what it says, not who posts what - that way the 'topic of conversation' is the main focus and that in itself will deter duplicate accounts.

Spot and other new members - please also try to see it from the point of view from exisitng members, the heated debates section often get's people who have just joined up who go on to have a 'rant' and sometimes post inappropriately - therefore members are naturally suspicious of people coming in all guns blazing. Its nothing personal and perhaps we as admin need to make the heated debates section only open to members who have posted at least 20 or so times before hand.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

13-04-2005, 01:22 PM
Well as I seem to have upset some long and trusted members on here I will withdraw from the forum, I certainly didnt mean to upset anyone with my point of view. I would be grateful you could reassure the person accusing me of using two names or whatever that you have looked into it and ascertained that I am indeed not doing that. I dont know how to reassure her I am genuine as I dont know what I need to do to do that or what is meant by the question. Thanks to those who have supported my view and my right to have an opinion. I do now have a wonderful imagine of Dani (who I dont know) an elephant and a staffi going mad at it!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2005, 01:30 PM
ha ha spot - can you imagine that !! tee hee - never thought of it in that picture !!!!

however am sure Bruno would give it a go - he doesnt understand that he is 2 foot high !! he thinks he is a giant !!!!

Why not go and introduce urself on ntroductions page - unless you already have - post some doggy piccies and take it from there - These heated debates do get very heated but at the end of the day everyone is entitled to their opinion which is kinda the point of a debate., so you kinda hve to leave what is said in this section.... in this section as much as possible... as peopple get very het up when taling about something they feel strongly about!!!!

So hope to see your intro soon
Dani
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2005, 01:30 PM
Spot.
I haven't accused you of ANYTHING! I asked you to provide FACTS when YOU accused a track of mis-use of funds, something you still refuse to do!

I also did NOT accuse you of having two identities, I ASKED you if you had posted here under another name, thats all.

Greyhound racing and other dog "sports" will always produce friction, I am VERY willing to listen to all sides, but writing false propaganda with no back up is dangerous, and will end in trouble for those accusers if they cannot substantiate their story.

Please do not leave this forum because of one thread, live and let live Spot, one disagreement means nothing, life is too short for that.
Dawn.
Page 7 of 17 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »