Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
I think we'd all agree that collecting is fine, it's just the whole pretending they're real thing that I struggle with - as shown on the programme.
I totally agree with this. Collecting these dolls is a bit like collecting stamps, or teddies or whatever (I am not a collector of anything) but these fake dolls are treated like real babies The women had car seats, prams, designer clothes etc etc. I found it very strange. It may be harmless to the rest of us, but I think the women who feel the need to treat dolls as real children need some kind of help. Surely they must have some kind of mental health issue going on?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
iso if its a maternal instinct i dont get it - you cant breastfeed a fake baby, you cant get its lovely warm body snuggled up beside you, you cant see its eyes light up or ear it giggle so what is the point?

to me its like having a statue of a dog and carrying it around. it does sound to me its more about having something that at first look looks like a real child to draw attention to yourself -
Totally agree Dani.

I hate to say it, but those fake babies just look dead to me
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog
iso if its a maternal instinct i dont get it - you cant breastfeed a fake baby, you cant get its lovely warm body snuggled up beside you, you cant see its eyes light up or ear it giggle so what is the point?

i guess thats easy to say when you have the real thing though isn;t it
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
Originally Posted by Brundog

i guess thats easy to say when you have the real thing though isn;t it

but thats what i mean tho - its nothing like a "real" baby as the living isnt actually there is it ?

beleive me i know what its like to want a baby after 3 miscarriages before luca i do understand that longing but those dolls are not the answer as they just are not real enough if you know what i mean.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 06:28 PM
perhaps they are the answer to those ...we don;t know i can only guess when i lost my son i would have gone crazy if someone told me that was it no babies ever i was lucky enough to be able to have more

i just feel its up to the individual and think its wrong to call some one bonkers and crazy just because we wouldn't do it

live and let live i say again
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-01-2008, 07:26 PM
At one point in the programme when asked by his wife what he thought of her new little one, the husband replied that 'it reminded him of something on a mortuary slab '. Looking at the dolls faces so human-like but at the same time lifeless I have to say the same thought occurred to me {{shudder}}
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Me too Mini, they gave me the creeps....but i'm not a 'doll' person!
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7