View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kingbenny
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-06-2008, 06:53 AM
I would neuter but i don't like having stuff like this dictated to me. I must say i like the policy of the rescue i have just used. They neuter is possible, but if you take the dog and then neuter with your own vet, they will pay for the neutering, plus refund you the adoption fee! I wouldn't take the money myself as they are doing a great job, but i can see the incentive and it does feel less like bullying!
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2008, 08:28 PM
i allways have my dogs done i think its the best thing to do
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-07-2008, 09:47 AM
We help run a breed-specific rescue and all the dogs we rehome are neutered. Given that fact, and taking into consideration that many of the adopters show their other dogs, there is no way we would insist that existing dogs be neutered.

Mick
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Sadly not all rescues can afford to spay/neuter ALL the dogs that they rehome especially if they are dealing with high volumes of dogs that need re homing, and because of this I can understand the rescue either requesting that the existing dog of the opposit sex be neutered/spayed, OR arrange for the new rescue to be done possible at the expense of the new owners, I guess it depends on rescue centers in question, if they are adopting dogs out at an affordable price to get the dogs into homes as soon as possible it would be hard to cover the costs of spay/neuters, so asking new owners to have their existing dogs done or contribute to the rescue dog being done is reasonable in my opinion, and to be honest I have seen dogs that have been rescued being later bred from, the homes are TRYING in their own way to reduce the risk of these things happening, my reply is based on an all breed type rescue here and not on breed specific rescues that tend to have support from breed club members who assist in financing the spay/neutering in their membership fees.

mo
Leema
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Would you neuter your current dog if it was a requirement the rescue insisted on before placing the dog with you?
NO because I partake in conformation events where they are required to be entire.
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7