View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-06-2007, 11:16 AM
you're spot on, thats why standards have dropped on the continent .
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by cc22peatree View Post
Its a tail for god sakes
Surely it is not the most important thing when it comes to the over all balance of the dog
It just seems so rediculous that some people would see it like that
It may be just a tail, but in all breeds the tail is part of the standard, so it will become part of the docked breed standard....

look at all breeds that are undocked, the tail will come into the standard..... you would not want a retreiver with a whippety tail, or a Dalmation with a thick set tail.... it has to conform to standard.

And untill we start to see the traditonally docked breeds coming through with tails, you will not see which will adhere to standard.... their is no point in having a dog with a wonderful head, and a unsightly tail.... so it will need to be as important as the rest.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-06-2007, 11:20 AM
sorry if you took it personally, it was'nt aimed at you. it's just part of the debate
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Well I will just repeat myself once more
I have absolutely nothig against docking, and I for one was not ammused when they banned it, actually, I was livid to be quite honest wity you
But now it has been, and I dont think I have much else to say on the matter
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-06-2007, 11:25 AM
the KC , and SKC , are VERY intersted to see the numbers of entries in puppy classes at dog shows next year. personally i think there will be a big drop !!
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-06-2007, 11:29 AM
the KC was against the act as well, but according to them they've had to comply with it so as not to be seen supporting pro-dockers.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
but there are a LOT of fools around !! i can just hear them now " oh what a lovely tail it's got ".
and they aren't the ones who will be breeding good quality dogs in any event if they concentrate on one aspect of their breed.
As to registrations dropping I think everyone will admit that that there more than likely will be, as there was on the continent but things went back to normal pretty quickly. Breeders will be seeing what happens before deciding to breed a litter next year, those that don't mind one way or the other will carry on regardless and new people will enter the breeds as they are now undocked.
Becky
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
the KC was against the act as well, but according to them they've had to comply with it so as not to be seen supporting pro-dockers.
The KC are for ALL dog owners and I reckon there are more anti-dockers who use the KC services than pro-dockers so they can't be seen to be siding with one aspect of the dog world in reality can they.
Becky
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 11:30 AM
I find it all rather amusing actually... only because people are still going on about it when there's not a sodding thing to do about it and you may as well move on and think about more important things...

I understand now though - top breeders are concerned that if they breed from docked parents (so they don't know what their tails are like) and produce pups with 'bad' tails that their reputation will be damaged and they don't have the guts or patience to take on the new challenge of getting that perfect tail alongside other traits.

No loss to my mind, sorry jmo.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
The KC are for ALL dog owners and I reckon there are more anti-dockers who use the KC services than pro-dockers so they can't be seen to be siding with one aspect of the dog world in reality can they.
Becky
but they made a press statement in january, " they would not act as policemen for the act if it went through ".
Page 7 of 21 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »