View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 06:43 AM
We had a CKCS called Chocky named by my daughter when she was young. He was a Tricolour so my daughter said he had to be called Chocky as he looked like he was made of dark, Milk and White chocolate
davidmh
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-05-2007, 11:35 AM
My Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla is called Sarika, an Hungarian word for princess. And oh boy, that is soooooooo appropriate.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 11:09 PM
When I was ready to adopt a new dog I searched everywhere for a deaf Collie in rescue but there were none anywhere at the time.
During my search I noticed in passing a Lurcher called Blue on the Wiccaweys pages.
Eventually I went back to him to follow up the possibility of adoption when I came across him elsewhere as well, it was as though he was following me around sending subliminal messages saying ` adopt meeeeee, you know you want to take me home, make the call `

Reason he was on the Wiccs pages was to help Whitelodge Longdogs rescue home him as Sarah from Wiccs had assessed him as being very Collie predominant in his ways, [ he is Collie x Saluki ] so suited to a collie savvy home, [ a spot on assessment of him it was too ].

I went on to adopt him but changed his name to Fluke, party because of the book of that name being a favourite of mine but also the fact that it really was a case of sheer luck that there were no deaf dogs around at the time - pretty unusual really - so he was in just right place at the right time for he and I.

I then joined the Wiccs forum, with him being an honorary Wiccs dog, which then led to me adopting my little deaf Collie, Silk, from Wiccaweys a few months later which would not have happened had Fluke not caused me to be a Wiccs member as I would never have known about her otherwise, [ I was`nt looking for another doglet when Silk came along *cough* ]

So I think Flukes name is very apt, not just regarding him coming in to my life but him being the cause of Silk coming in to it as well - something which Fluke is certainly very pleased about as he and Silk are absolutely inseparable :smt049 :smt049 :smt049
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Well Minnie is named for obvious reasons. However, most ppl spell it Mini! Sometimes you have to call them by a certain name even if you dont want to as it seems so apt!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-05-2007, 01:52 PM
A mate's Heinz 57, whose name was Bowser - he was an Olympic grade piddler!

My Snorri (Icelandic, = "naughty boy") who is a very well-behaved little chap!

Snorri
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Not exactly a name that fitted the dog, just the opposite in my opinion, but a neighbour has a huge GSD called Trixie!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Not exactly a name that fitted the dog, just the opposite in my opinion, but a neighbour has a huge GSD called Trixie!
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Met a very sweet bc cross once. Her name was Lucy and her familys name was Lockett. Lucy Lockett suited her beautifully!!
gaznweebeasties
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-05-2007, 11:36 AM
alfies kc name is picer pacesetter and when him, kai and jaeger are off lead you can see why

the other two only run fast enough so that alf can keep up with them
-GreyhoundGirl-
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-05-2007, 08:15 PM
My mother's family had a beagle that would always jump up and down (almost straight up) at the door... Named him Yo-yo.

And... When I was at Superdogs there was a whippet named Lean Cuisine... OMG! I laughed so hard!! This was the best name ever for this little guy! And he was so adorable! (I have photos if anyone'd like 'em ) I'll probably make that the full name of one of my futur greys... but obvioustly their call name would be something similar to Jenny.
Page 7 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »