View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 08:57 AM
sorry about that. i got a little deep then!
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by lillybet
i was attacted by my boyfriend and 14 got pregnant and then lost the baby. i they started drinking i would get up and start drinking till i fell asleep and then got up and did at all over. my mum and dad kicked me out and i soon got on my feet after sleeping in a park 4 a few nights. and now i don't really drink much at all. even on my 21st i only had 2.
becky
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-05-2006, 09:20 AM
I love nothing more than a glass of wine with my dinner. Obviously I would never drink when pregnant or drink and drive. I hate drinkdrivers. As long as your not hurting anyone I don't see a problem with it.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 02:39 PM
I'm not a drinker, having had an abusive alcoholic father who died at 42, give me to much insight on what it can do, I have no problem with people having a drink, but cant stand to see people drunk, also nowadays I find that teenagers on streets drinking and making pests of themselves is becoming a major problem, along with the drivers that think they can manage a car after a few. approx 15 years ago I nealry lost my best friend and her two daughters to a drunk driver, they were walking along the road, when this fella drunk arguing with his girlfriend lost control of his car and plowed into my friend and her two girls pinning them to a garden wall, it took them nearly two years to recover from their injuries, and one of the girls was so badly damaged internally she had to have parts removed, and can not have children, all that for the sake of a drink, no thanks.

Mo
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 03:06 PM
I like Mels idea, put heavier tax on it. I mean we all need to drive, but we don't all need to drink. So bring down the blinking petrol prices before we all go bankrupt!

I am not a drinker, I don't even go out. I went out at xmas time, for work night out, and I went out recently to celebrate the no smoking ban in pubs. I like the taste of rum, but it doesn't do anything for me. I have never ever been drunk enough to be sick, or not remember getting home. Too scared to be out of control or not dignified. Plus I hate leaving my doggers.
I am a dog-geek! no, really...it's sad.
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Mo, that's awful. The sad thing is they don't even realise it. I lost my grandparents that way, my parents refused to let them be near us when we were growing up. Then my grand-dad died in a fire, he fell asleep, drunk, with a lit cigarette...

drink is bad.
mark meek
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-05-2006, 04:58 PM
reading wots on here it seems that i drink more than most of you . in my defence i work 10 to12 hour shifts on a building site 5 to 6 sometmes 7 days a week. i like nothing better than coming home after a hard day sometime bl###y hard day and having a cold strongbow and a hot bath.if im not working the following day i will go out and get bladdered still up to walk the mutt nothing better for a hangover . i drink hard work hard and play hard, dont cause a nussance, exept to my mate whos a taxi driver. all the idiots who blame it on the drink ,its rubbish , its all inside them anyway its just an excuse to behave the way they want to behave. anyway thats enough i got to go my 'bows' getting warm.
STRONGBOW a gallon a day keeps the doctor away
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2006, 06:23 PM
We like a drink but not excess,we can take it or leave it.I usually buy a 3 litre box of wine and 24 cans of larger a week.We all sit at the table for sunday lunch and the kids have just a little bit with there dinner.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Both my brother and mother are alcoholics so I am very aware of how it can affect both the person and their families - it also affects my attitude towards alcohol too.

I enjoy red wine and Sid and I do get some bottles with the weekly shop, but I do not drink every day and do not do it to excess either. I would feel concerned if I ended up having it every single day, as then your body can get addicted
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2006, 10:21 PM
i must say, i know people who have problems with alcohol and it really is debilitating, however, i do like to sit with a glass of red every now and then generally me and OH will go through 6 bottles of red in maybe a week to two weeks...is that too much... i like getting slightly drunk but not to the extent i dont know what im doing as that really scares me but im young and i will never jeopardise (sp?) my health for it....
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >