View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-11-2014, 11:58 PM
Eileen - Dogs do have thumbs (dew-claws) but as you so rightly say would truly struggle with a zip. With that I shall head off out into a rather cold and breezy night to give my lot their final outing. Thinking of cold etc. Foxhounds are very tolerant of adverse weather conditions, temperature and so on. Though in kennels it is usual to keep them in quite large numbers, there sleeping arrangements are usually on a raised wooden platform down on side of the kennelling (refered to as a bench) several feet wide and with a covering of straw. This keeps them off the possibly wet floor and as June says, out of draughts. Just for the record I think you are doing tremendously well with Duncan - just think how much better it is that what the poor chap has had to put up with in the past. Goodnight and sweet dreams to one and all.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2014, 06:43 PM
Well started on making up the silent pump box today,first made cardboard sides so if I messed up no damage done.
Just cut the ply 5.5mm thick to match the cardboard and also cut the foam and rubber barrier. ok all cut more or less to size and glued together in the workshop/garage. just a bit of trimming then to get the same height on all four sides, Tomorrows job and hopefully fitting

Next job was to take a bit off the bottom of the door in the main bedroom as it was dragging on the new carpet. One of the door frame hinges had a bit of packing cardboard in it. Don't think the carpets have ever been replaced since laid originally. Another stupid thing I found was they had run a round power cable under the carpet grip from a socket in the bedroom through the wall into a socket in the landing. So this had to be cut out and removed and a blanking plate to replace the dodgy landing socket.

In my opinion I am suprised the previous owners were let out loose alone, talk about incompetent, that is not a strong enough word for it, they are downright dangerous where house maintenance is concerned.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2014, 06:50 PM
Tumble, must you confuse me??
Posting in yesterdays thread
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2014, 06:55 PM
oops sorry
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7