Female 

10-04-2014, 06:26 PM
apparently it is a Primula denticulata!

I am feeling very very norty
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-04-2014, 06:28 PM
Oh dear seems I am going to have get my scarey head on.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-04-2014, 06:30 PM
Elaine - Won't say try a Turf Accountant. If you are short of a nice square of turf : 1 . Don gardening gloves pick up flashlight and small shovel. 2. Locate nearest Cricket Club or Bowling green. 3. Take dogs for a 2am walkies. Hey Presto you have just become the proud owner of a nice new piece of turf (but don't take it from right in the middle as this will REALLY aggravate them! Finally it wasn't that nice Gordon Mac that made this suggestion. at least not if the bobbies stop you! Bye fer now.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2014, 06:42 PM
Good grief Gordon - that definitely sounded like advice from the experienced there You forgot a vital part of the plan though - take small bag full of earth with you, then when portion of turf has been removed, pile this earth onto bare patch in shape of molehill. The owners of said cricket pitch/bowling green will be so panicked by the idea of the gentleman in velvet invading their pristine greenery, that a nicker of turf will never be suspected.
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Evening all

Been a nice sunny day here, so I've had a lovely game of hide and seek with Poppy, the eldest twin (by one whole minute!). She tells me where to hide and then spends an age looking for me. When she hides, she just turns round and closes her eyes. I had forgotten how much fun you can have with a small person who's just turned three. Lucas was watching Thomas the tank, far too busy to play out.

Hope you are all ok or recovering....I note that I missed the party last night, hope you all enjoyed it.

Have a good evening
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2014, 07:04 PM
LOL Sally, yes, our northern correspondent is not as smart as he makes out is he!!!

Glad you like the new vac, is it an expensive one cos it sounds just the job for me here. I bought those Hoover Spirits which I liked, and they both went up to the vans, and then I bought the wrong one by way of the pet hair Hoover, and it's pretty darn heavy, although has a good suck on it, but I'd much prefer something lighter. I got fed up with the Dysons, they're not all that imo, I've now had about 5 of those, and each and everyone of them ended up in a skip. I quite fancy this new tool of yours though, but if it's a £300 odd quid job, then it's a no go-er, I'll stick with what I've got for now.

My new turf (which was bought from a garden centre I hasten to add!!!) has taken so well, even the last lot that I laid just a week ago is grabbing a tight hold now. I've been watering it religiously every night, except when it rained the other day. Might even mow it soon if I dare cos I don't want to ruin it.

Boring old night on the telly but I did watch that new vet programme again this afternoon, it's akin to the old Creatures great and small one which I used to love. Check it out, it's on BBC 1 in the afternoons around 4pm I think.

*chucks chalk block at DD before exiting and tells her to behave herself*
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2014, 07:05 PM
Oooo Gordon and Sally. It sounds as if you two are old hands at this game!!!!!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2014, 07:33 PM
GILL,I didn't know you had twins... Poppy and Lucas..gorgeous names
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2014, 07:54 PM
Hello Gellygoo - please may I parcel up our grandsproglet when he outstays his welcome? You sound like a fun person for a child to be around! He's 7, very polite and mostly well behaved.

I always smile when I see your avatar....sooo sweet.

H, I only bought the hand held multi wotsit which was about £149 or something like that - I am not sure how much the hoover is, but if you buy both together there is a discount I think.
I will have to look at that vet programme, I am rather bored with Channel 4 at the moment. 15 to 1 isn't what it used to be
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-04-2014, 07:56 PM
I'm watching the Hoarder Next Door as I need motivation to sort The Room out. The door is firmly closed on it at present, but I have to clear it out and clean it, decorate it and refurnish.
Page 7 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »