register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Moyra there is a doorway for them to go in and out, but obviously putting a cable at that level was asking for trouble!!!! I've bought an LED light that hangs up, not sure how it is powered to be honest, because I switched it on and it came on, I was looking for another inspection light, but saw this one, it hangs up, and no cables dangling, because Mabs is a great one for ripping things down
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Hello there Jenny sounding a bit windy out this way too.
Dillon takes himself out into the garden for his bedtime wee's
I am hoping he is heavy enough to remain on the ground. Also that my fences stay put.
I did chuckle at the anchor story. The best bit after a hard day boating was the wine.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-12-2013, 06:48 PM
I have a very disappointed wubble, who sat in the kitchen watching me de-neck 5 kilos of chicken backs, then pack each piece into polybags, followed me and watched me put them all carefully in the two fast-freeze compartments that ThreeBee has, went back into the kitchen to wash the poultry shears and kitchen scissors, wash out the sink and wash my hands yet again...

...and I did not give her any

Evil wicked old witch that I am!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Well, funny you should mention the steam mop Lynn, because yes, I do need one.

Jenny - A take-away night! Enjoy.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Hi June, glad you've popped in inbetween mopping up the carnage and doing a bit of diy in the palace. I can't quite understand what you've done there, when you're worried about cables, and yet you seem to have got an LED light up without cables Were you looking to put some kind of heat lamp in there then cos led's won't give you any heat? If you're worried about dangling cable, then you just need some of those little cable clips that you bang in with a hammer and that'll fix it tightly to the wood along the way to the lamp? These come in different sizes for different cables, but big is always good, you know it's going to fit then. Sorry to hear Mabs caused a bit of havoc again today though thanks for the answer to my question about that dog, and yes, I can see why they get that name, that's exactly what he does, he diffuses situations that the others get themselves into. However, WHY, when he did that to Zena and Soldier who were playing together, did Zena back down like she did? I have never seen Zena back down EVER She looked at him, her tail went low, and she carried on looking at him as she skulked off looking pee'd off lol! It was an absolute delight to see her actually running with the other 2 today, I feel she would really, really fit in with this gang of friends, apart from that one white dog who doesn't know where he fits in, he hates her and she hates him with a passion, although I think that's because Zena hasn't managed to sort him out yet and tell him where he sits with her. Given that opportunity I think they'd get on fine. One by one, she has told ALL of those dogs where they stand with her and they all have great respect for her now, even Phoebe doesn't take her ball away now, Soldier never barks in her face ever now, Sam stopped trying to hump her (he's the one they lost though ) and the diffuser as you call him, just leaves her alone and she doesn't have a problem with him. LOL, yes, I'm happy in my own little world here most of the time, especially when I only have Zena to answer to

Hi Jenny, is it that bad out there now, cos it's just a tad windy here atm. I'd better get Zena out before we get the wet stuff then. That's exactly how my mum would be, she had good days and bad days, and some days I'm ashamed to say I used to tell the carers "that's not my mum there, I've already lost her". It's a tragic, tragic thing when this happens, I went through it for a couple of years with my dear old mum, but you learn to accept it like you and your brother have.

Hi Lorraine, glad you're feeling a bit better now. Maybe you ate something nasty and now that it's gone you'll be ok. I had that with that awful, diabolical curry take away the other week, jeesus Christ, I can't believe I actually put that into my body, what an insult

Hi Linda, I've just bought a new steam mop cos there's no chance of me winning one on here I decided and I couldn't wait any longer. It's not brilliant, but it was cheap, but I don't think I've quite got the hang of it yet, I was so used to my other one that I blew up. I must have had that other one for 5 years without any probs. You can have all my numbers for this month's entry if yer like if it means you stand more chance of winning it, but I wouldn't do that with my lottery ticket

Waiting on Dave now, can't get an answer from the workshop and now it's raining out there and Zena won't want to go out

Hi Sally for when you pop in later if you've got any energy left

Catch you all later, I'm going to try Dave again....
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2013, 06:55 PM
June - The LED light might be battery powered?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Helena - The only time I saw Loki do like Zena did was when he was a puppy. Zena must really rate this dog then.

I hope you get hold of Dave soon.

I think I might buy a steam mop in all seriousness - can you use them on everything? Carpets? Vinyl? Tiles? Upholstery?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Helena, I was wanting one of those lights on a cable and saw the led light which I assume is battery powered, but was surprised there were batteries in it, things don't usually happen like that, you have to buy the batteries separately, and was trying to find out where the batteries went in, sooo that is so I can see when I'm in there. I've got a chicken lamp with a cage round it for the heat, and am on my way out there now to feed girlies and play heat lamps, fingers crossed eh
Wind got up here as well, was surprised when I went out to the car for the shopping how windy it had suddenly become.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2013, 07:03 PM
My goodness that weather is horrendous.
It is beating against the window here, quite frightening.
Paul our son has called in on his way home and said it was the worst drive home he has ever had. trees down and accidents all the way
Take care all
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2013, 07:03 PM
Mmmmm the pasties were delicious
Glad you are feeling better Lore
Lol Tawney, swap floors! I was about to tell hubby about that but then realised for obvious reasons I couldn't
Page 7 of 18 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »