register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2013, 06:10 PM
I can't be the only person in the world to want to get coffee stains out of white bedroom furniture, so there has to be a way - surely
My friend with the puppies has sent me a vid of them, they are 4 weeks today. Will be settling down to watch it in a minute.
Fire is lit, my tea is on. Girlies had chicken and veg with bio yogurt and cottage cheese and a big raw carrot each for afters. They have disappeared now because it is raining again
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post

Yes please Helena, let me know what stuff Dave was using, that ox acid thing looks a bit scary to me
although if I have to use it I will.
Mind you I see people wearing life jackets nowadays to do maintenance jobs by the canal and stuff, so sometimes things can get a bit over exaggerated can't they.
Just spoken to Dave about it and he used brake CLEANER, which he said you can get from a motor accessories shop (Halfords maybe?). You can get it either in an aerosol which would be best for you, but he buys it in a big bottle obviousleeeee cos he has a garage He said once you spray it on, it will keep lifting the stain if it's a deep one, but keep at it, and it will lift it off completely and it dries in seconds, so you have no aftersmell or anything, it all evaporates instantly, so sounds like the wtg for you June? Don't rub your eyes or get it on your skin cos of course it's a chemical cleaner he says.

Look at the time, I've spent over an hour on the phone to different people and now I need a shower.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Amazing Helena, thank him so very much from me.
I KNEW there had to be something - apart from buying new ones, and have had a look and the ones I have( which I really like - they have wicker panels in them) aren't there anymore, so I have to get them sorted!!!!
I wonder if Asda have something like that in their car accessories aisle. Will have a look tomorrow
Off to watch vid now, my tea isn't ready yet.
Holby City in half an hour, so it better be cooked for then!!!
Enjoy your shower Helena
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Hello everyone Just going to read back through the thread to catch up; thankfully it's not 12 pages tonight

Nothing much to report here, other than I had a check up at the dentist this morning plus the hygieniest; my old dentist has gone (I shall miss him because he was not only good, but also exceedingly good looking) and in his place is a rather lovely, jolly lady - as round as she is tall, with a very down to earth attitude and a gentle touch. My usual hygienist is off sick with stress, and the temporary replacement was a stunning Swedish girl I can do without that sort of comparison when peering into the harsh mirror in order to wipe off all the paste and stuff.

The journey back was quite eventful, in that first of all I encountered a roundabout where there never was a roundabout before It is six months I suppose since I last went that way. Secondly, I flew round a corner in a hurry to get home for a cup of coffee and a cig only to be confronted by a herd of cows aimlessly milling around whilst a lad with an ineffectual stick tried to poke them into a gateway. I can verify that the brakes on the new Honda Jazz are excellent Talking of which Jenny - did you happen to catch Ken Bruce on Radio 2 yesterday? Someone rang or emailed in during a thing about flies or something, to say that Jazz's have flies on the rear window instead of the windscreen because they fly faster than the car is driven

I feel sick. Daughter and SIL gave me a vast box of dark chocs for babysitting last night, and I have just eaten rather a lot of them.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Ushers Sally into a comfy bed in sick bay and takes the choccies off her, hides behind a corner and watches puppy vid eating choccies.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Ushers Sally into a comfy bed in sick bay and takes the choccies off her, hides behind a corner and watches puppy vid eating choccies.
Is there any way we can see the puppy vid???.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2013, 06:45 PM
mmm it's not mine to put up really is it. Am going to give her a ring tomorrow after I've had Mabs at the vets and I will ask her. Her babies are booked in for their eye tests in October, can't believe how quickly the time is going. 2 weeks after that they'll be going to their new homes.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Ah yeah,never thought of that,its fine,think I'll just wait for yours
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Sshhhhhhhhh Eileen - don't mention the P word We don't want to put the mockers on anything now do we

*gratefully snuggles down in the comfy bed ready to watch Holby, and doesn't mind in the least that TW has stolen the chocs. THAT's how many I have eaten
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Do you still want supper Sally, or is enough indeed sufficient
Page 7 of 14 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »