register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2013, 05:18 PM
OMG Norma, that is dreadful, I hope the tourist gets his come uppance,there is just no need to drive like a loony, especially in another country, he was in such a rush he ended up NOT getting where he was going at all.
Must be a big worry for you and hope they pin him back together OK very soon.
Hope you're better in yourself as well.
Finally landed after an afternoon of car viewing. It is a lovely car and she has left a deposit on it, so next week will be picking her up from the tram and taking her to collect it. She't got insurance to sort out, bloke is going to tax it.
Very very classy car, I think I should have it, because I've got more dogs than she has
I'm very broad minded Lynn and if you and Gordon want to stop for a ...... cuppa in a layby, then it is entirely up to you.
Looking forward to the housewarming party already
Have got girlies veg on or their tea,they are having chicken fillet for tea with veg, bio yogurt and cottage cheese.
Saw Man With Merc when I was going up to the farm track, only he was Man With Rangerover this time. Personal Reg again, so stopped and had a look, and he had Trophy Wife with him, knew he would have one!!!!
He probably snores anyway
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2013, 05:25 PM
It might of been his sister June.
Would your friend do a car swap.

Lovely Jenny home made sausage rolls can't wait getting a bit
peckish.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2013, 05:30 PM
I think she is in lurve Lynn. It is an absolute bargain, Y reg, only done 86,000 miles,V6 engine, you could fit 2 or 3 Dillons inside it when all the back is down, and it runs on lpg at 59p a gallon, it is right hand drive but is a Chevrolet and everything is electric, even the door mirrors, the seats are leather and so comfy, and the front ones are heated.
There is nothing not to like. You could set up home in it!!!!
Brand new MOT with invoices for work done.
I said to her if you don't get it, I'll go and rob a bank and get it myself
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Hi folks,

I had a very pleasant walk this morning with the dogs and my pal Polly. My brother originally said he'd come down today but has put if off until tomorrow which is fine by me. The dogs are fine now and full of energy but I'm still keeping a close eye o
Lynn - Congratulations on your offer being accepted - fantastic news. Isn't it amazing how things can change in a matter of months - it seems like on a few weeks ago that Gorden was still looking for work and you had no buyer for your house and now its all coming together. Exciting times
Norma - I am so sorry to hear about your son and his motor bike accident Poor lad That is the trouble of bikes 'cos it doesn't matter how good a driver your son is its Mr and Mrs Plonker who cause the accidents and of course there is no protection when on a bike. My OH got knocked off his bike and broke his leg and snapped ligaments in his knee ... nothing like as bad as your son though. Everything crossed that he makes a quick recovery and decides against driving a bike again and changes it for a car.
Pat - I hope you computer is behaving better now and sorry I gave you a fright when you only saw the beginning of my post That photo of Bella is soooo sweet.

Its a beautiful UK summer day here. A lovely sensible temperature, sunny and a gentle breeze - just how I like it. However I've had a bit of a disaster - I had the kitchen velux window open wide and the louvre blind down to keep the sun out and a wind suddenly got up and blew a bowl shape in the blind itself. I closed the window and managed to reach the blind by standing on a stool balanced on top of a chair and holding a broom I brushed the louvres as flat as I could get them. I looks OK but one of them must have come out of alignment and it won't open fully which means I dare not have the window open. OH will have to hire a tower and get up there to see if it can be sorted when he gets back in a few day time. It will just have to remain closed for the time being. He's just phoned full of what a wonderful time he's having and in such a good mood so I grabbed the opportunity and told him about it and he was fine although I'm sure he'll moan like hell when he gets back.

I'm off to take my dogs out for a quick walk. See you all later.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 05:49 PM
Sorry to hear about your son Norma, hope he's better soon xx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Evening all, and finally have made it to the end of the saga that is today's posts.

Lynn, that is the very best news that your offer has been accepted, and I am delighted for you and Gorden. All this worry and uncertainty will fade into insignificance once you are installed and settled in the new house. Take no notice of those who have minds in the gutter somewhere..........there comes an age where anything other than tea or coffee in a layby is strictly impossible

Norma, that sounds like a very painful accident for your son. I hope he recovers very quickly with no lasting ill effects.

I decided to clean out all the cupboards and drawers in the kitchen this morning, and of course half way through wished that I had never started. Still, they are all nice and clean now and minus all those accumulations of rubbish and nearly finished jars of this and that.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Thank you all for the good wishes
Jenny g not a hope of him changing to a car much as I'd prefer him to but at his age not much hope of changing his mind now he's soon to be 41
Did tell him he'd wriggled out of paying for our b/day lunch next week as we share the same day and take turns at where we pick and eat
Tw think your friends got a right snip on the car
Oh is there a party starting then cos I could do with a good shindig ,who's got the magic bottle then,only a bottle of sherry here or home made rhubarb and ginger vodka Yuck
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Bitkin is turning out her drawers

Hope she finds that magic bottle!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Hi Nippy, how is the gorgeous Pepsi? Jimmi would send his love but he is fast asleep at present and not available for comment.

Pssst, the magic bottle is tucked into that sideboard over there, but don't tell everyone will you.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 06:39 PM
Lovely to hear your offer has been accepted Lynn. All systems go now. By Christmas you'll be wondering why you were stressing about moving.
So sorry to hear about your son Norma. Hope he's soon patched up & out of hospital.

TW do you mean 59p a litre for LPG - surely its not 59p gallon
Page 7 of 17 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »