View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Lynn, I can just imagine that!! Our last dog Bitz used to love to race around with a plant pot, and would sit and wait if I had bought new plants then pounce on the empty pots.....she loved them when they broke and got all flappy but then I had to tactfully remove them! She had a little friend in the shape of a Shitzu, and whilst Bitz hurtled round the whole acre of garden with her big pot, he would do a small circle in the middle with a tiny pot.

Jenny, could you arrange for the local hunt to "exercise" the hounds in your area?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2013, 09:08 PM
They are funny aren't they ?
Dillon certainly is a character and loves a game.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Night all I'm signing off now.
See you all tomorrow.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Night night Lynn. Sleep well and here's hoping you get some sort of a lie in tomorrow, Dillon permitting
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 09:27 PM
I suspect I'm too late but hello everyone,

EmmiS congratulations! A 2:2 is something to be proud of!

I've had a good day, bit of running around but still good. Last class was good, science class getting ready for a science test on compounds etc. One poor kid just didn't understand what she was supposed to revise cause they've had a change of class and teacher. So I took her out and went through it all. Found the stuff she needed to know and helped her a bit more with things like the periodic table. I hope she gets it a little better, she was certainly smiling when she left.

Been out with Dougal tonight, it's very clammy here tonight so was a bit yucky, we were getting peeped at loudly by Oystercatchers who must have had chicks nearby. They were not amused at us walking by. Dougal is now flaked out on the floor.

Tomorrow is supposed to be wet so I think a day of housework will be on the cards for me.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Your walk sounded eventful jenny.

Dillon nabbed me for a game in the garden he has a large plastic flower pot which he picks up and then he can't see so I chased him round the garden and we did silly things and had a good play. Thing is he doesn't run away he comes at you even chasing round the table.
It wore him out he is now laying at my feet snoring.
So you'll be sleeping well too Lynn. Night, night and thank you again for all the excellent effort you put into this section for us. Sleep well and see you tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Jenny, could you arrange for the local hunt to "exercise" the hounds in your area?
No Sally I have no idea where the nearest hunt is (certainly not locally) and there would be a number of neighbours who would go mad. I have no idea what the answer is They are very cute (the cubs) but not here in the middle of Weybridge.

I'll bid you farewell ........... well actually good night as I'm off to tidy up the kitchen ( oh joy) before sorting out some washing etc etc etc. Sleep well and see you tomorrow.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 09:38 PM
Thanks everyone I guess ou just lose a bit of perspective when it's all you've done for three years!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Lore, I can just hear those Oystercatchers now!!! You will have to give them a wider berth tomorrow! It is a bit yuk isn't it, and I have just had to unearth the antihistamine cream because something has made a meal out of my wrist Damp weather brings the blighters out.

Night night Jenny, and I echo what you said about Lynn doing such sterling work on here, along with the old bean H.........sometimes they must not be in the mood, but they still do it and cheerfully too. As for those foxes, yes, they are delightful creatures on the whole and I do love to see them out and about in the fields (even if they did massacre my chickens) but I don't hold with them being in towns and in the city. Not good for them, and not good for people and pets. Perhaps you could lay a little trail of something tasty to lead them out into the countryside??? Well away from chickens of course!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Am turning off myself now.......well, not turning myself off, but you know what I mean

Have a good day tomorrow everyone and look after yourselves. Nighty night xxxxxxx
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2013, 06:08 AM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Also all these charities that advertise on TV are spending hundreds of thousands of pounds on the adverts Money that has been donated!! There is a very well known childrens hospital and apparently they have so much money that they don't actually know now what to spend it on
Same here in Ireland. In fact the people they are supposed to be helping get 15 % of what is donated. All the personnel get top salaries and live very well.

I have family working in India and Haiti, and it is these small groups that do the real work. Taking no salaries and living as poor as is safe. So that as much as possible gets to the so -needy and the money is not creamed off. This is why I trade at markets etc. I know the money is going to where it is needed and not on posh cars.
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7