View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Ash is adorable I could never have bred dogs as I'd never have wanted them to go. What June went through with this litter was pure dedication on her part. She must be gutted that there is no news of Sasha - if I was her I think I'd have to actually phone them and ask how she's doing, for her peace of mind ....... and all of ours too

It snowed all day here but weeny flakes that never settled - thank goodness. I can't wait for spring.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
What about the calories???.........oh what the heck, *sips alternately from glass with whisky and ginger and mug with choccy and marshmallows
Calories don't count on a Saturday night - didn't you know??
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Have a handful of Mini Marshmallows in it - pure decadence. I had one earlier
Hi you must have snuck in when I wasn't looking. Oooh now there's an idea. marshmallows in hot choc. The trouble is when the hell am I going to start my diet
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Hi you must have snuck in when I wasn't looking. Oooh now there's an idea. marshmallows in hot choc. The trouble is when the hell am I going to start my diet
Monday!!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2013, 11:13 PM
I keep thinking Monday but then I can't quite work out which Monday

Our house-guest has just woken from his doze so I'm off to make him a coffee and my OH a coffee, walk the dogs and then bed ..... yipee.

Sleep well and see you all tomorrow.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2013, 11:21 PM
Night Jenny, and worry not about that diet........better to be happy with a few treats than hungry and miserable!!

I too feel so much for TW - it really would not hurt Sasha's people to pick up the phone, or send an emal and it would mean so very much. Surely they realise how much work, tears and money went in to that little pup's survival. I could batter them over the head with several large, wet and rather old fish

Taffsmum, I am more of a savoury person to be honest and have just made myself some cheese and crackers. Yummy
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2013, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post

I too feel so much for TW - it really would not hurt Sasha's people to pick up the phone, or send an emal and it would mean so very much. Surely they realise how much work, tears and money went in to that little pup's survival. I could batter them over the head with several large, wet and rather old fish
I was thinking earlier. All the trouble TW goes to to find the right owners for the pups. What is to stop them not taking them to training classes & not feeding raw after promising her they would. If they don't get in touch there would not be much she could do is there?
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2013, 11:33 PM
No, nothing at all unfortunately. The trouble is, when she hears nothing she has no idea what is going on and that is the worrying thing for her.

Sorry TW - talking about you here
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 01:42 AM
Just had an evening of watching TV with Brian and Davie. It was nice. Brian has me under orders, I've to take it easy tomorrow too so that I'm ready for work on Monday.

Knackered now even tho I've done virtually nothing all day.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-02-2013, 10:12 AM
Its OK ladies, I know you have true concerns.
I sent them an email the minute I got the piccies of Sasha so a good opportunity for them to let me know at least how she is, but nothing at all, and you really cannot make a nuisance of yourself because it all blows up in your face, I am trying to be relaxed about it and think well no news is good news, if there was anything bad going on then you can guarantee I would be the first to know. I am not asking to be their New Best Friend or anything, but that's people for you.
You are right, they could completely go against all I have set out and they have signed, but I think the very fact that I have given them the reasons why, they have seen the evidence of the benefits of raw feeding for themselves (she said to me she could see the results) and they can understand how training their puppy from early days can benefit the whole family. I did have Sasha walking on a lead and sitting next to me the day she went, and they were well impressed when, to get a piece of chicken, Sasha walked up to me, planted herself at sit next to me and looked up expectantly!!!
All I can do is try and educate my owners and potential owners.
I had a lovely phone call last night from the lady who has Kaya (one of Mabs's litter sisters) and we were chatting for ages, (hence the reason for my absence from the thread) so some do keep in touch, she was was saying she wants to come over and see me and I was telling her about the wellies saga and the shavings, and she was telling me that not only does Kaya take the quilt off her in the morning to get her up, she now opens the curtains!!! She still loves her thank goodness!!!! She has an older Utonagan that she saved from a dreadful life (living in a sandpit full of dog poo ) and he is quite elderly now, and a younger GSD boy who is Kaya's partner in crime
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7