View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 08:38 AM
We have always started gently with pups any older rescues that have joined us we just let them eat in peace it has never occured to me to challenge them over their food.

I can't quite understand why it's a problem to allow a dog to eat in peace or am I doing something wrong and should be making them give up their bowls ?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Completely agree. I just feel so sad for the dog and her family, especially if it is the case that she has gone to live with CM's pack He must have convinced the family that Holly was a danger to them and not safe to have around ... I think she actually showed massive restraint before actually being forced into biting CM. So many appeasement and warning signals ignored, while he continued to push himself on her. Nasty, horrible little man
Dog with so much restraint, so many obvious appeasement signals, an obvious desire to back away from confrontation (she didn't even snap back at him after the first bite when he towered over her aggressively - it was a restrained bite, just enough to get the distance she so desperately needed), vs. an unpredictable, aggressive man who cannot read obvious body language at all and who's desire to 'dominate' overwhelms any kind of common sense (like waving your hands in the face of a dog you've been told is aggressive)...I know which one I would trust more!

Yet for some reason, so many pro-dominance dog owners and trainers will find a way to justify it or vilify those who object to CM
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 08:48 AM
The poor dog

I was watching the video cringing, just waiting for another attack, the signals were there obvious to almost anyone, you don't need to a be into dogs in a massive way to see that coming

Fair play to the bloke though, even after the bite, he stood there trying to 'dominate' the dog with his wotsits within prime striking distance my OH couldn't watch, just in case
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Yes totally agree, I believe CM forces such dogs to bite because he gives them no option as they appease, give signs etc and still he comes on and on forcing them ....

I think most dogs would bite, to be honest

I am sure now he wants the dogs to react and the only thing he is looking for is that, and not actually getting bitten badly.

After all, his fans would be disappointed if there was no confrontation

Wys
x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-09-2012, 08:49 AM
From the way he was standing over her, I think he was lucky that it was just his hand she went for and bit...
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 08:51 AM
I've been reading the comments posted belowthe video on Youtube, though, and for the most part, they are very heartening!

Not very many for what he is doing, and plenty asking questions and generally calling him on what he is doing to the dog.

Perhaps at last, some people are starting to see the reality of how much he cons everybody and that his shows are about smoke and mirrors rather than real dog behaviour.

Wys
x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I didnt find it remotely amusing. Not for the dog nor for him.
My comment was because I was so pleased that the dog won over Cesar. If she has been taken to live with his pack now, I'm not so sure.

Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
Were we watching the same video? I am not defending the guy but I did not see a dog getting punched.
Originally Posted by JulieSS View Post
Hard to see if he just "taps" her or actually punches, but I guess they are referring to what happens at 00:18 when he moves in the first time.
It is where the camera conveniently jumps so that it almost disguises what is happening!

I am not laughing now, I have watched it all again and I am crying.
Crying, not only for that dog but all the other dogs CM gets his hands on and all the others whose owners follow him.
An abysmal state of affairs
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
I've been reading the comments posted belowthe video on Youtube, though, and for the most part, they are very heartening!
It was a nice change, especially when all the pro-CM comments were being blocked for receiving negative votes. I think people are finally 'getting it'.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 08:57 AM

Poor Holly
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Independent of CM or the dog lets not forget it was the owners who allowed the dog to get this way in the first place. Probably when dog was little it was cute. & she was let away with it, she learned then if she grumbled peopled moved off or away. Instead of waiting until the situation got out of hand, they should have dealt with it from the onset. The dog didnt get food/resource guarding overnight.

Its not the first time CM has got bitten & probably wont be the last.....
Unfortunately though a lot of the advice given to people who are trying to solve a food guarding issue is basically to do what CM does, force the dog to give up the food. Hell, you don't even need a dog with food guarding issues to be told to take a dogs food away, you're supposed to do it to test for dominance. I ended up with a serious food guarder following that advice.
Page 7 of 17 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »