Chiropracters
Osteopaths
Physiotherapists
Massage Therapists
Trainers
Behaviourists
Vets (including sports vets)
Bowen Therapists

recommend (correctly designed and fitted) harnesses is due to the evidence that they cause less harm than head halters or collars.
Have any of these people owned Border Terriers for 20 years though? because if not, they must be wrong.
Roofs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Have any of these people owned Border Terriers for 20 years though? because if not, they must be wrong.
If only I had known of the majikul speshul powers of the Border Terrier before I had bought one, I'd have realised being a mere mortal I clearly am NOT fit to own one.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by Roofs View Post
If only I had known of the majikul speshul powers of the Border Terrier before I had bought one, I'd have realised being a mere mortal I clearly am NOT fit to own one.
Shame on you, you should just get rid! Fancy putting a harness on a BT..
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Clearly not. Post back on the forum in 20 years time THEN you will be fit to own one.
Roofs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-06-2012, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Shame on you, you should just get rid! Fancy putting a harness on a BT..
Oh it gets worse... when he was a tiny pup he hated the rain so I used to put *hangs head in shame* a rug on him.

*signs dog and horse over to RSPCA*
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2012, 09:55 AM

Having owned a variety of dogs, terriers, toy and gundogs I don't consider myself an expert but I do consider all dogs have different needs onesize doesn't fit all and what works for one may make another worse. Perhaps owning a variety of dogs for 29 years puts a person in a better place to "judge others" (hope I never do that BTW) than someone who has just one breed for 20 years
Roofs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-06-2012, 10:21 AM
There is a saying in the horse world along the lines of: "You can have 20 years of experience, but if it's the same year repeated 20 times what have you really learnt?"
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2012, 10:58 AM
That is an excellent point Roofs, thinking how we treated dogs 29 years ago (the hey day of Barbara Woodhouse) I have learned so much since my first dog and wish I had known then what I know now as his life may have been happier with no choke chain collar etc.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2012, 11:21 AM
There we go again, you've owned the breed for 20 years... never miss a chance to point that out.

FYI A friend of mine has a rescue dog that had tracheal scarring from pulling whilst in a collar. A dog CAN damage themselves.
Im sorry can you point out all the other times I have. Except when asked of course.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2012, 11:24 AM
So you are administering drugs to dogs on a regularly basis, specifically due to them wearing a harness? sorry but I don't buy it. I will have to ask my vets next time I am here how many dogs they see as a direct result of damage done by wearing a harness. They will probably laugh at me!
Have done yes. You go right ahead. Ask about lameness and soft tissue damage to youngsters under their front legs. If they laugh at you I wouldnt let it bother you at all.
Page 7 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »