View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Only a vet can chip anything that isnt one the animals named by Hevver I got told on my course. I wouldnt chip anything younger than 8 weeks and prefer to wait longer for tiny animals
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-04-2012, 03:17 AM
My dogs already chipped so wouldn't effect me was done in 2007.a good idea in principal but enforcing may be something that needs to be looked into carefully.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2012, 06:28 AM
I would prefer there to be a choice for methods of identification. It's a very powerful tool as far as reuniting owners and animals (so long as details are kept updated) but isn't going to make a jot of difference to the problems we have with irresponsible owners.

I would strongly object to the RSPCA having a hand in it too as has been indicated on other sites.

I chose to have my dogs microchipped for identification purposes, other people would prefer to tattoo.
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
A lot of the comments we see on here are the same as those made when the DVLA announced a new database. In the early days, it may have appeared that those denouncing it were being proved right, but nowadays it's a brave driver who risks driving around without licence, tax or insurance.

The microchipping database will take time to get right. Once it's sorted out I hope they will start enforcing with a vengeance. I'd love, in time, a lot more information than current owner's name and address to be added/held on that database. So very, very useful if they ever do get to that point
Well apparently that about 1.5 million!

Uninsured Drivers push up cost of motor Insurance

Motoring groups warn that a consequence of such large increases is likely to be a rise in the estimated 1.5m uninsured drivers on Britain's roads, as car owners take the risk of detection rather than renew policies at a higher price, despite increasing success by police and the industry in cracking down on those who drive without insurance.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Tass View Post
Well apparently that about 1.5 million!
Not read the report, but does it happen to mention how many uninsured drivers there were prior to the data base introduction per capita of drivers?

I wonder what that figure would be if the DVLA didn't operate as it does today?

Also, of course, that figure has to be a guestimate at best as uninsured drivers are not registered so unless they have all been caught, there is no way to tell what the actual number is
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7