View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 11:52 PM
My brothers old working spaniel was a very clever dog. On one occasion at a game fair they were waiting in line to try out the decoy retrieving. Beau sat there patiently watching the dogs retrieving the decoys , listening to the shots and then seeing the decoys being tossed into the back of a nearby van.When it was his turn he waited till told but then did not go out and search for the decoys......he went straight to the van and fetched them from there. Talk about cutting out the middle man!
gaz
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-12-2006, 12:23 AM
Every time our microwave dings Gem opens the door with her nose, she cant reach it from the floor she jumps and do it, the start of fly ball I think.
flow-wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-12-2006, 10:57 AM
Mine can open the living room and bedroom door which gets annoying cos she never shuts em an lets the draught in and the heat out!!

If i say" teddy " she knows what i mean,and goes to find the mangled body of a beanie baby she pinched out my daughters room,head went a long time ago along with the stuffing lol.

If I say " bed " she knows what that is,although we're still working on that one,she crawls on mine rather than in her own.am getting there though.....slowly.

If I say " walkies ",she definately knows what means,at the door ready!

If I say " milk ",her head cocks,and she'll stick her tongue out,goes into the kitchen and looks in her bowl.

She can open the fridge,had to get a child lock put on that,cos she tends to nick the margarine and the eggs!!

She knows my daughters name off by heart,we say " Go find Rhiannon ". Flows up the stairs like a shot in her bedroom sniffing her out.

Just trying to teach her mum & dad at the moment lol,we just get funny looks off her,eyes roll

Funny dog,but we love her
Dujoiedevie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Clever dog is a dog with problem-solving skills.

Cleverest dogs make humans look like idiots. I have had one, and seems another one also developing her skills. Both females as it should be.

J
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Rupert can dig swimming pools, charge through fences, destroy sofas. Oh wait...you said clever....
Hmm...he can slide bolts back to open gates. Luckily the bolt on ours is too small for him to get hold of. Doors are easy for him. He can also fetch my cigarettes if I drop them or someone hands them to him.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2006, 04:49 PM
Got one of those 'How smart is your dog' packs for my birthday, Tested Roxy last weekend and she scored the top marks

She stunned me!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2006, 08:55 PM
ben knows if he sits outside the butchers he will get a lump of steak off the lady in there,
he knows go see daddy,
he knows to put his toys away after hes played with them.
he knows what toy is what, and will go and get the toy u have asked for,
he knows that i buy treats for him from the vets.
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Mine are all cocker spaniels
enough said!!!!!!!
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl View Post
Got one of those 'How smart is your dog' packs for my birthday, Tested Roxy last weekend and she scored the top marks

She stunned me!
I got Kev one for Christmas - Hollie is a genius!
ozmutt
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-01-2007, 03:26 AM
Jorja now knows "last one", when we are playing fetch. She knows "finished", when I've absolutley played the last game of fetch.
She knows "close the drawer, close the door."

She knows "all gone", when she's eaten everything in sight.

Most of all she knows - "give Mum a cuddle" - arms up on my shoulders and a bit wet kiss on the cheek.
Page 7 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »