View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 11:16 PM
When Paddy was here, they were left alone together... Only happened twice though, for 30 minutes at the most, but I would've carried it on if he has stayed.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
Only have one at the moment but one of my housesitting dogs died on saturday,

2 boxers, 1 neutered male one neutered bitch - they came home and found ben dead, bonnie had killed him
Oh, that is horrific Poor Ben...
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 06:30 AM
mine are frequently left together. but due to some training that we are doing, I sometimes remove one of them. So I will have 2 in the lounge and one in the dining room (and that changes as to who is alone and who stays together) no food/toys or anything else is left
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 06:44 AM
When out of the house, Lola and Marius are separated. This has nothing to do with worries over aggression as they get on like a house on fire. But, he is much larger and heavier than her and sometimes they can both get over-excited during play (most often incited by Lola!!) - and I cannot risk him accidentally hurting her through doing power-zoomies! They both have the sort of personalities that they get very silly heads on during play-time and sense goes out of the window.

During good weather, I close the door between the living room and the kitchen and leave the back door open so Marius can go outside. If rainy, they stay in separate rooms indoors or she goes in her crate (if out for a short period).
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
Only have one at the moment but one of my housesitting dogs died on saturday,

2 boxers, 1 neutered male one neutered bitch - they came home and found ben dead, bonnie had killed him
Oh no, how awful.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 06:58 AM
When I got Sasi she was put in the kitchen with Ruby overnight & when we went out from the word go.Never had any problems. I got Khal & he was used to a crate so thats what he slept in, got left in when we went out, that was in a seperate room to the other 2 though as there was no space in the kitchen as the crate was massive.

Now though, all 3 are left together in the kitchen when I go out, theres a plastic bed with a quilt in & 2 blankets on the floor so theres never any arguing over sleeping space.I wont leave rope toys out though as Khal tends to think he has the monopoly on them & no bones as I'd hate one to choke on it.
Never had any problems x
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 07:11 AM
All 7 of mine are left together plus the 4 cats if they are in, I wouldnt have enough space to separate them even if I wanted to They have the downstairs of the house, and in the nice weather the door is open so they have the outside as well. At night time Culotte and Bo sleep up with us but thats just because I like having dogs/cats in the bedroom .
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 07:24 AM
We got 2 dogs to keep each other company while we are out so seperating them would be a little silly

When we first got them they had a few little scuffles at night but they (and we) have learnt from mistakes. As long as they have enough room between their beds to wander around for a drink etc they are fine.

They have the run of downstairs when we are not home.

I guess it very much depends on the dogs personalities and the way they interact with each other. If i wasnt sure of our 2 i certainly wouldnt be leaving them together unattended.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 08:03 AM
yes, wouldnt think to do otherwise!!!!
Vodkalass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Yes they are a close nit unit of 3.
I know there is no friction between any of them though if there was i wouldnt. They are related to each other and granny rules the roost.
Page 7 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >