View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2011, 10:11 AM
I,Out of politness(not the rules)try to be a nice as possible on pic threads,but if I see something 'untoward' like prong collars etc...I'm sure as hell gonna mention it, soz
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
If as you say there will not be an issue, why was the ban on discussions/debates on picture threads introduced in the first place?
It was introduced because discussions/debates were taking place on picture threads and that was upsetting people.
And nothing has changed, rule or no rule, people will comment on what they feel they need too.

Hence it not being an issue, if someone goes to far, the mods can step in,

Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
I,Out of politness(not the rules)try to be a nice as possible on pic threads,but if I see something 'untoward' like prong collars etc...I'm sure as hell gonna mention it, soz :blush:
As most people will do

Rules are rules, there is no grey area in them, if you have a rule that states no comment sin pic threads other than nice ones, it has to apply to ALL threads,

Having a rule that states unless A.B.or C, occurs, then you can.

Its hard enough as it is, to get people to stick to rules , without giving us an huge grey area to play with
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

17-07-2011, 10:24 AM
That makes a nonsense of introducing the rule in the first place then doesn't it. I think it's because it was Azz that broke the rule the rule is now up for change tbh.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I think discussions rarely start in picture threads unless on the odd occasion someone sees something untoward .

In these instances I would suggest copying the post which raised the comment to an appropriate section along with moving all relevant comments leaving a redirect and allowing the picture section to remain for pictures
Excellent idea---shame we can't have a vote on it.

rune
Azz
Administrator
Male 

17-07-2011, 12:32 PM
What if things can only be mentioned in the thread if it's to do with animal welfare only? (Still with the option of the OP wanting those comments split into a new thread - but with a post containing a link to it in the original thread).

I think that's the very least we as a dog lovers site should do. Things like 'that's not allowed in a show type' etc won't be allowed, as that's subjective.

What do you guys think?

Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
That makes a nonsense of introducing the rule in the first place then doesn't it. I think it's because it was Azz that broke the rule the rule is now up for change tbh.
Yes, it was because of a thread I took part in, where a member's dog had bitten two people and the OP had a 'serves them right attitude' and continued to put the dog in the same situation where the same (or worse!) might happen again.

As a bull breed owner, this callousness is exactly what bull breeds don't need, and I felt it was important to say something - not only for the OP but the countless others who may view the thread... we don't want the message going out that that attitude is not contested - because we're a dog lovers site with a responsibility to do what's right by dogs.

I actually mentioned changing the rules in the mod forum before going back to that thread.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Why could we not start new threads on ones which we personally find worrying?

rune
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

17-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post

rune
Isn`t that against the rules too
Azz
Administrator
Male 

17-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post

rune
Because it might give the impression that something that we may not want to be, is going uncontested - which could give out the wrong impression.

For example shock collars - if a pic thread has them and nobody says they're bad, others might think 'Well they seem to be acceptable'. Which is not what we want.

Why would you not want posts about animal welfare to be posted? Are there any valid reasons against it?

Remember the old rules were brought in ages ago - but things have moved on, such as our position/ban on shock collars etc
Azz
Administrator
Male 

17-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Isn`t that against the rules too
This is what we used to encourage - people start a new thread about the 'topic' if they're concerned about it.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Because it might give the impression that something that we may not want to be, is going uncontested - which could give out the wrong impression.

For example shock collars - if a pic thread has them and nobody says they're bad, others might think 'Well they seem to be acceptable'. Which is not what we want.

Why would you not want posts about animal welfare to be posted? Are there any valid reasons against it?

Remember the old rules were brought in ages ago - but things have moved on, such as our position/ban on shock collars etc

I have only just shared some pictures of Pippin - I know what some people are likely to say - especially those who maybe do not know his circumstances.....and lets face it - even when some people do know the circumstances they still can be downright nasty sometimes.
Page 7 of 16 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »