View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 01:01 PM
I've had a few different dogs but would feel bereft if I didn't have a GSD in my life. When I am too old and tired to cope I shall have oldies from rescues. Having said that I am very taken with Gordon Setters but haven't really done any research into them to see whether or not they would suit my lifestyle.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 01:03 PM
I got my first GSD in 1958 & am planning to have another in the fairly near future lost my last GSD about 10 years or so ago & I got my first BC in 1970 & had one ever since except for 11 months when I was between dogs
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 01:14 PM
I would definately have another Leonberger.

I dont think home would be home without one!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by Reisu View Post
I think I'd find it hard to stick to one breed... I love sighthounds for their laziness (suits me down to the ground ) but if I were ever in the position to, I'd love to rescue older dogs of more active breeds who have perhaps wound down a bit
Sight hounds are not lazy in my experience!! I suppose it depends on the breed, I have owned afghans and basenjis, none of which could be described as lazy. Basenjis are often hyperactive!
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Sight hounds are not lazy in my experience!! I suppose it depends on the breed, I have owned afghans and basenjis, none of which could be described as lazy. Basenjis are often hyperactive!
Whoops, meant to type greyhounds
DDoglover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-02-2011, 02:13 PM
We never choose either of our dogs or breeds they just came to us needing a home and we are very happy with them.
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2011, 02:25 PM
I definitely would and am having another NI, being owned by Kiba has been a learning curve and I love every minute with him. He's my soul mate and whilst I know another wont be the same as him and he'll always be my special boy I hope that the next boy takes a little more notice of the OH. With Kiba if it's a choice between his mummy and his daddy, it's /always/ mummy

But...I do wish I could leave the stigma of owning one of these dogs behind. I don't like being stared at, questioned or shouted at that my dog is 'dangerous'. I don't like people picking up their labradors or jumping around waving their hands (great game for Kiba by the way ) trying to get him away when he only wants to say hello. I am thoroughly fed up with the 'curse of the pointy ears'!

I would also love to have another English Setter at some point. That soppy old girl of mine left a big hole in my life when she went over the bridge and I miss her terribly. My parents' house seems quiet and empty without a nutty English having mad zoomies around the living room. She had an exemplary temperament with people, kids, dogs, she took everything in her stride and was a pleasure to own.

There are other breeds I'd still like to have experience with though...Czech Wolfdog for one, but not until I've given up my business and have a stable static 'pack' rather than dogs in and out all the time. I've always loved Flat Coats and GSDs and since we've had them here I think OH would be less inclined to say 'no' straight off like he did a few years ago.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 03:07 PM
I think I will always have a rottie, but I would consider other breeds in years to come, I do feel I would stay within the type I have, eg I cant see me going back to the pastoral group, but never say never.
I would still love a frenchie in the future though
malwhit
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-02-2011, 03:19 PM
I am on my 3rd Miniature Schnauer thanks to Daisy. I was lucky with Daisy and Leo as they were not yappers. Tegan is a yapper, but after owning her for 8 months she is slowly improving.

After having Labradoodles I want more - but only if it has Lottie's temperament and Ruby's coat

I would love another Pembroke Corgi - but it would need to be tricolour to avoid comparisons to Skippy was was perfect. I quite fancy a getting Vallhund, which is like a grey, unexaggerated Corgi

All of my dogs (except one) have left me with good memories and I have no regrets with owning any of them
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Yes, I'd have another Westie, without a doubt (perhaps to show and do heelwork to music with as well!).

I would also have another Roxy in a heartbeat as well, but as she's a crossbreed there is very little chance of that happening unless there is another like her in rescue! However, there will never be another Roxy. She is far too special and unique!

ETA: I probably will always have a rescue and probably a crossbreed - I like mongrels! But I'm hoping for a Basenji in the future (hopefully not TOO distant) as well.
Page 7 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >