View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Red[dog]
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-10-2011, 01:16 PM
I've just ranted on another forum about the RSPCA...every time I have asked them for help (or heard others asking for help) they have failed to be in any way useful!

a) My friend's dad hit a deer near our local forest. The dear was badly injured but still alive. He phoned the RSPCA, and their response was that they wouldn't come out for an injured deer. They asked if there was an embankment nearby (there was over a high fence) and told him to push the *still alive* deer over there, down the hill

b) My friend lives near a chicken slaughtering plant, and one day a chicken escaped. She phoned the RSPCA saying there was an escaped chicken and it would be killed (by person, car, dog, fox, whatever) and she didn't know how to help it. The RSPCA said they would not drive out for, and I quote, "just a chicken" (when was there this animal hierarchy?!). My friend then called me as I had three chickens at the time, and we adopted the chicken and she spent the rest of her life with us.

c) There was a house nearby that kept three adult rabbits in a hutch about the size of a piece of A4 paper, they literally couldn't move. We reported it to the RSPCA, who said because they were busy and a charity they couldn't send someone out, but advised us to "monitor" the situation

I think it's sad that the RSPCA is the biggest animal charity in the UK, really, and yet the smaller animal rescues local to us do such a better job and try so much harder to help, but are really struggling for funding.

Red
JIMMY LAW
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-10-2011, 06:56 AM
Since i started this thread, the dog was eventually taken from these people which at best could be descibed as "a bit simple".
This took about a month and many calls by quite a few people. The rspca never returned my phone calls to inform what was going on and have now been told to my frustration that they have another dog, so i have been keeping an eye to see it or hear it for the last couple of days, so i can go and get it and and put the dog in a local shelter and try and avoid the rspca if it is possible.
I work away so i have to take in consideration of being to confrontational and leaving the wife and kids in a vunerable position. Lets just hope it was somebody else dog that day.
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-10-2011, 05:34 PM
well, i have had two bad cases with them,

firstly they took my old dog because we didnt want to put him through treatment for cancer,
the vet said it would have been a lot for him to take and said it was a good idea to let him end his life when it got tomuch for him and he started to get to ill,

then were i live now with the guy that hits and kicks his dog, they come to get her the other night after i seen him try to slap her round the head and kick her, and now she was brought back today because she vet care is up to date and she was fed,
well 6 hours after they dropped her out she is already curled up in our shed after getting away from him once again, i just hope he doesnt find her
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 05:39 PM
It is not their job to find her, it is up to you to advise the dog warden that you have got a stray dog on your property.

So what are you going to do with this dog now that the RSPCA have said she is ok?
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
It is not their job to find her, it is up to you to advise the dog warden that you have got a stray dog on your property.

So what are you going to do with this dog now that the RSPCA have said she is ok?
so your saying that its not the owners job to find her ?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Not when you are KEEPING the dog at your house NO.

I hope nobody does this to any of your animals in the future!

I am afraid your credibility as an "animal saviour" is somewhat undermined by your underhanded and illegal behaviour.
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Not when you are KEEPING the dog at your house NO.

I hope nobody does this to any of your animals in the future!

I am afraid your credibility as an "animal saviour" is somewhat undermined by your underhanded and illegal behaviour.
we arnt "keeping" her, she can walk in out back garden because we dont have a gate or anything just a walk way and i opened the shed door to get rabbit food out and she went in to get out the rain and i didnt have the heart to kick her out onto the street,
when the dog warden picks her up they will scan her chip phone the guy he will pick her up and she will get out as soon as she can
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7