View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sue rich
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Before Jaz had his injections I carried him round a market in a hold-all and just his head stuck out. He's a flat coated retriever and he was mistaken for a sprocker.
Vicki_Ann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-11-2010, 04:24 PM
I had someone ask me yesterday if my Sheepdogs were part EBT ....

How on earth could you think Welsh Sheepdogs might have EBT in them ... I can only guess he was going on the tricolour markings ....
orangebox
New Member!
Male 

29-11-2010, 07:09 PM
SamTheDog:

Variously accused of being collie, flat-coat (he's half the size), springer, red setter, sausage, sheltie, labrador (!) and cocker spaniel.

We have no idea; he's a pikey Irish rescue dag, but he's cute and he knows it.
Jofelicia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-11-2010, 11:12 PM
I have a Jug dog (Pug x JRT) amd people think he is a mini boxer! Also a lab with a big head who has been called a mastiff, or 'does he have a bit of labrador in him?'

Yes, just a bit!!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2010, 05:16 PM
My Kerries have been.....

Schnauzers (can understand that one!)

Scotties (?)

Labradoodles (!!)

Crossbreeds of various guesses

but more usually it is "Are they French Poodles?"!!

I have to admit when I get "Is it a Scottie?" now I do reply sarcastically with a smile in my voice "Don't you think their legs are a bit long for a Scottie?"!!
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by GeorgiesMum View Post
I have two miniature Schnauzers and they are often mistaken for Scotties (after they've been groomed!!!!!!!) and always by the same guy.

Here's my 'Scottie' (and I bet I get it even more than you because she's black) I suppose I could see it a bit in the face but look at the length of those legs!!!

And here are her 'puppies'...People always seem quite surprised when I point out that they are actually a different breed!

J.
GeorgiesMum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-12-2010, 06:01 AM
Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
Here's my 'Scottie' (and I bet I get it even more than you because she's black) I suppose I could see it a bit in the face but look at the length of those legs!!!

And here are her 'puppies'...People always seem quite surprised when I point out that they are actually a different breed!

J.
Your baby is beautiful. Such a lovely example of a "scottie".
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-12-2010, 10:21 PM
My 2 italian greyhounds have been called whippets, greyhound puppies, lurchers, them racing dogs. I have given up trying to explain what they are and now just say they are miniture greyhounds. People are amazed when you say they are fully grown at 15" and 16" to the shoulder.Willow has also been called a JRT and Buck a chihauhua

My show greyhound William was once called a pony?????? and once we took him to a game fair and if I had been given a pound for every time someone told me he was very big for a lurcher and asked what he was crossed with I would have come home very rich I was with a friend who was racing her lurcher and was told he couldn't be a true greyhound as he didn't have an ear tattoo.
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7