Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Skyesmum View Post
OMG can you say Pot/kettle/black

What i think of CM is unprintable on a nice family forum such as this

Jann
xx
LOL - Good post. Exactly what I thought!!

Laura xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Labman View Post
For a while I was on a forum where I was beaten up severely for my negative views on him. He was a hero to some of the older professional dog trainers. That forum eventually died. It is still around as a read only thing.

Cesar is a good example of what can happen if you rely too much on your experience and instincts and lack training and reading.
Really .
Labman one of the things that people dislike most about CM is the way he forces dogs to submit using methods like the alpha roll. I am really surprised you don't like his methods, I think your methods have so much in common with his, here is a small sample, there are more..

I take no nonsense, starting obedience on my way out of the kennel the day I pick up a 7 week old.

Here are some more things to do:

''Elevation for small puppies: Sit on the floor and gently put your hands around your pup's middle, below his front legs, and lift him up. He is facing you. Hold him for 15 seconds. Repeat until he no longer struggles. If he is past 10-12 weeks, lift his front feet off the ground, but don't pick him up.

Cradling for small puppies: Hold your puppy gently on his back, as you would cradle a small baby. If he struggles, hold him firmly until he quiets for 10-15 seconds. With larger pups, you can do this as your sit on the floor, with your pup between your legs.

Quiet lying down: Place your pup on the floor on his side, with all 4 legs pointing away from you. Use your hands on his neck/shoulder area and middle, to hold him in this position. When he is quiet, praise him. Lengthen the time that you keep him quietly in this position. When he accepts this position well, handle his paws and muzzle, while keeping him quiet.''

The quotes mean this isn't my original work. It is copied from my Puppy Raising Manual. I have long used these or minor variations of them, and they are very effective. You may want to give him a belly rub while he is on his back too. Helps bonding. There is a big difference between him rolling over and demanding a belly rub, and you choosing a time to roll him over and rub his belly. The latter cements your place as pack leader.
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php...60#post1790060
..no not a quote from CM but from you Labman you also seem to be obsessed with forcing dogs to submit and being the pack leader . How can you criticise CM when the methods you use are so similar?

Originally Posted by Skyesmum View Post
OMG can you say Pot/kettle/black

xx
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
LOL - Good post. Exactly what I thought!!

Laura xx
exactly what I thought too ...
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7