View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Scar
New Member!
Female 

21-06-2014, 06:02 AM
What I'm getting at is do people have evidence its a farm or is it speculation. Whilst. Agree they sell lots of breeds over the years. I've not seen reports of poor health abuse to dogs. They maybe obsessed dog people but farm I'm searching for evidence of. Kc registry doesn't guarantee a healthy pup. I have 14 yr old un kc reg Scotty dog shes not had a unhealthy day her whole life.
Btw I'm not supporting puppy farming! I'm just looking for first hand accounts of this breeder b4 i jump in. The deposit is small and im will walk away
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Gwynion breed designer mongrels & I believe have been barred from registering puppies with the ISDS. They breed from untested dogs & multiple litters a year-says it all
Scar
New Member!
Female 

21-06-2014, 01:24 PM
Designer mogrels! Were all mogrels at some point! What a horrible description for a dog the term is cross breed and as for pedigree pure breeds up until recent years it was acceptable to inter breed them.The web site states dogs are ISDS registered however i have now requested proof of

I'm looking for a cross breed sheltie border collie. I grew up with one and she was the most superb dog I've ever known with no health issues unlike the shelties we owned and these came from high profile breeders for there time.

I do agree there's something odd in multiple litres a year though and I'm going for a visit to see what's happening there before I collect my potential pup
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Designer mogrels! Were all mogrels at some point! What a horrible description for a dog the term is cross breed and as for pedigree pure breeds up until recent years it was acceptable to inter breed them.The web site states dogs are ISDS registered however i have now requested proof of

I'm looking for a cross breed sheltie border collie. I grew up with one and she was the most superb dog I've ever known with no health issues unlike the shelties we owned and these came from high profile breeders for there time.

I do agree there's something odd in multiple litres a year though and I'm going for a visit to see what's happening there before I collect my potential pup
Question the health status, is the sheltie parent CEA(CH)normal ? same for the BC parent. are both hip & elbow scored, MDR 1 normal & clinically eye tested & for the BC TNS & CL DNA normal ? You will find that ALL these are tests are NOT done.

Mongrel is not a derogatory name for a dog it means mixed parentage & I too have had mongrels(they would probably have some flash name now)in the past & lovely dogs they all were.

Any X you buy from these people will not necessarily be the same as the dog from your past. Was your dog in the past Sheltie X BC or BC x Sheltie it does make a difference as to which parent is of which breed.

They have bred 100s of Dalmatians haven't found one that has been health tested !! None of their BCs have any health tests recorded despite so many being bred

But go ahead get your puppy I'm sure you will be one of the lucky ones. My friend has a Canen bred BC(from which many of this breeders dogs come from)sadly he has epilepsy

BTW cross breeds as per Sheltie x BC cannot be ISDS registered & only ISDS members can register puppies from health tested parents with the ISDS. The dogs may well be ISDS registered, but it doesn't mean their offspring can be ISDS registered
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2014, 02:55 PM
I saw the facility in a video as well as the website and read about it, as well. Loaded with tons of dogs. They sell cross breeds as well as pure bred dogs and while their dogs might be perfectly healthy, they are not health tested always. I immediately thought puppy farm, there is no way they could NOT be one.

They also claim to "supply" dogs, which says puppy farm within itself. If you truly want one of their dogs, go right ahead... but understand that they are known as a puppy farm by most people who have actually checked them out.

I don't buy pure bred or designer dogs from breeders as I support no breeders while dogs are dying in shelters, and I prefer taking my gamble on mixed breeds health from shelters.

But if I was going to spend my money on a pure bred dog, the breeder would sell me a totally healthy and health tested puppy otherwise, they'd not be getting my money. Horrid breeders that breed unhealthy dogs add to the overpopulation problem as much as people who let their dogs roam...

NOT saying the place you're buying from does that, just saying they don't do proper health testing and they sell breeds such as the Dalmatian where it's very important. So they are questionable at best.

I won't rag you for buying the kind of dog you want, for that is your right. I'd buy a Half Lab/Half Chow from a breeder if there we no such things as shelters. I'd never get a pure bred dog... but I'd make sure the puppy was healthy and got health tests done. Hard to find breeders of designer dogs that properly health test, though.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2014, 06:40 PM
BTW the Sable & White bitch mentioned as the mother of the BC litter, is in fact a red merle & as some of the puppies are merle one of the parents has to be a merle & TBH I very much doubt that the father is the dogs shown, more likely one of her other merles

if you know anything about Collies, BC, Rough Collies & Shetland Sheepdogs is that you do not breed 2 merles together !!

That sums up these "breeders" added to the fact they are Council Licensed-5 or more litters a year !!
Scar
New Member!
Female 

21-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Thank you for all the replies people it is a very complex process puppy buying! In answer to query on type of cross my childhood sheltie was three quarters sheep dog, her mother being border collie sheltie cross - which is more like the pup I'm looking at. I'm not fully up to date with all the different health tests so this is all good info to me. Its obviously a business to them which is fine but only if puppies are healthy! Also I have a viewing tomorrow with some sheltie pups the breeder has a web site sheltiesham. Its sheltie I was originally after thou i dearly would love a cross i now have some questions for gywnion to answer
Canine K9
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Adorable. I'm so jealous right now, lol!
Canine K9
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-06-2014, 09:00 PM
Didnt see how old this thread was.. Sorry
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Thank you for all the replies people it is a very complex process puppy buying! In answer to query on type of cross my childhood sheltie was three quarters sheep dog, her mother being border collie sheltie cross - which is more like the pup I'm looking at. I'm not fully up to date with all the different health tests so this is all good info to me. Its obviously a business to them which is fine but only if puppies are healthy! Also I have a viewing tomorrow with some sheltie pups the breeder has a web site sheltiesham. Its sheltie I was originally after thou i dearly would love a cross i now have some questions for gywnion to answer
Sheltysham ?
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >