Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by wildmoor View Post
Maybe the colour is not linked to health in your breed but non standard colours is in the GSD as unfortunately many predominate standard sires from the past that produced blues, whites etc also produced genetic conditions these then were heavily inbred on by those that breed for colour:
ie Vello produced whites linked to epilepsy
Uran produced Blues linked to dwarfism
Dulo black dog produced cryptorchids
Avon Prince carried white linked to epilepsy
Gerolf produced white linked to missing teeth, cryptorchidism

The list goes on
oh no i didnt mean it like that. i meant that health should always be the main thing. it shouldnt matter what colour of dog you want as in that shouldnt be your main point, the main point should be you have a happy healthy dog despite your colour preference
gsdgirl:-)
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2009, 10:31 PM
I searched for months to get my puppy, drove miles, saw many bitches, went for health and temperment tests first and formost, stayed on the waiting list until pups were born.
I got my white/champagne boy it as all worth it. Had the litter had only black and tan i would have had one of those. the parents were everything i wanted. it can take i while but its def worth the effort.
katz14
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Wildmoor how do I pm you?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
oh, ok... i totally disagree with everything you said!!
katz14
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-11-2009, 10:50 PM
How do i pm someone???
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2009, 10:52 PM
you click on there name and it comesup with the option...you have to have a certain number of posts to pm though.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by katz14 View Post
How do i pm someone???
You have to make 20 posts before you can PM
katz14
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-11-2009, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=wildmoor;1831764]Hi Katz14
from years of research and reading, heres some info on epilepsy for you:
According to Hein 1987 (primary epilepsy. GSD League Handbook pages 39-42) the following dogs were known to have produced one or more cases of epilepsy;
Asoka Cherusker, Archer of Brinton, Arch Duke of Rozavel, Allegro of Seacroft, Barry v Status Quo,Derby vd Schinklergrenz, Druidswood Consort, Eclipse of Evely, Ferdl & Ilk vd Eschbacker Klippen, Fant vd Wienarau, Fenton of Kentwood, Gorsefield Granit, Hendrawens Sagitarius, Hendrawens Syrious Norge, Joll v Bemholt, Kenmils Valiant, Lorenz of Charavigne, Ludwig of Charavigne, Lummel v Haus Goldschmeid, Nestor v Haus Musshafen, Orsof v BuseckerSchloss, Rengar Dambuster, Rothick Echo, Rozavel Rob Roy, Royvons Red Rum, Sparticist of Hendrawen, Tramellas Insbrook Jonty, Unisca Ricardo, Vikkas Tanfield Caro, Verus vd Ulmer.
According to Willis 1991 (the German Shepherd Dog; A Genetic History pg 21 the following dogs produced fitters;
Astan Luke, Hendrawens Charade of Charavigne, Typhoon of Dawnway, Delridge Erhard, Conrad of Dukedene, Evelys Prince Charlie, Fuerstenkrone Condor, Lex of Glanford, Hendrawens Renaissance of Pipersmead, Bragi of Huesca, Lornaville Ambassador, Marlish Royal Charter, Ramacon Swashbuckler, Ramacon Philanderer, Renygar Desperado of Tramella, Vikkas Scipio av Hvitsand.
This list is not exhaustive just the well known dogs, others have produced fitters aswell, and also just because you have 1 or 2 of these in a line does not mean it will be a fitter, again its like most genetic conditions its the level of inbreeding on these dogs.
My stepson had a dog linebred to Tarquin who had seizures.
It is believed the primary source of Epilepsy in the English lines came from Avon Prince of Alumvale (blk/tan) KCSB no. 2389AG; s: Ch.Arno of Saba KCSB no. 348AF d: Briarville Crystal of Trystlynn KCSB no. 1232AF, he was also a white producer. Even back in the 60's Epilepsy was seen to be a Hereditary condition, yet people still go on breeding from known producers, and just keep it quiet or blame another cause. Although there are other causes ie head trauma, virus, certain medications but even then the dog is not in full health so should not be bred.

If you pm me your email I will email you more info, I am always willing to help those that want to improve the breed
Pam
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Thanks got it now do you want to edit your post and remove it
katz14
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by Annestaff View Post
You have to make 20 posts before you can PM