View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-02-2009, 10:38 AM
The money the RSPCA collects centrally doesn't go anywhere near animals anyway. It just goes to boost the egos of the animal rights nutters who have taken it over. The RSPCA local rescues have to raise all their money independently. Any money given to the RSPCA nationally is wasted if it is intended to help animals. I don't know how the SSPCA is organised, but I would hope they actually care for animals unlike those who run the RSPCA, who only care about posing as animal champions and accumulating money and power.

Mick
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 10:46 AM
I wonder if anyone knows if the SSPCA works in a similar manner to RSPCA. Do donations go to help the animal?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 11:51 AM
I am kind of on the fence on this one! I am a Cumbrian living in Scotland - so have to see it from both points of view

I wish both charities would unite and work together to help ALL the animals in the UK - not have an English/Scottish divide.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Here are just two stories - one SSPCA and one RSPCA ... I don't think either charity deserves my money!

RSPCA ...

http://www.germanshepherdrescue.co.u...elty-case.html

SSPCA ...

http://www.germanshepherdrescue.co.u...doned-dog.html
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 12:21 PM
I think the sspca are slightly better {just my dealings with them} I new a few members of staff from the stirling centre and I have always been quite impressed with what goes on there, but im sure others may have had no luck with them,

though I think they dont have the cash the rspca has, so most of the money must go to the animals.
vixen
New Member!
Female 

06-02-2009, 08:49 PM
I know that from fundraising events that I have helped with in the past in Edinburgh, we were splitting the money between several differant animal charities and we were allowed to say which SSPCA centre we wanted the money to be given too. Thought this was quite good as you could support your local rescue shelter!
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7