View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Pets at Home where I got mine, seemed to have a big choice of it, even though I opted for the original?
sallyinlancs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-06-2008, 09:24 AM
My local PAH doesn't stock it. But I phoned my local independant pet shop and he is getting some for me today. And he sounded like a such nice guy on the phone - I think I'll go there again even if we don't end up sticking with Chappie.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 01:10 AM
we use it at work if they has a off belly works every time
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Had to take Reah to see a Orthopaedic Surgeon today (that's another story) but he asked me what I fed my dogs....I said CHAPPIE............he said

Thats the BEST thing you can feed them..............DON'T change from that
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm now on the chicken and rice, which I mix with the frozen rabbit (cooked up of course) from P @ H and it's gone in 60 secs.

Now I've just had a friend round for lunch who used to have a pointer with a serious malabsorbtion problem, and she said her vets also told her that Chappie was the only food her dog would be able to tolerate, but one thing he also said which I didn't know about was, NOT to mix it with any biscuits because of the amount of carbs already in it, you should never feed biscuits with it, it would be carb overload, so it's a good thing I am mixing rabbit with mine, when I thought about biscuits, coz that is protein of course (the rabbit!).
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I'm now on the chicken and rice, which I mix with the frozen rabbit (cooked up of course) from P @ H and it's gone in 60 secs.

Now I've just had a very friend round for lunch who used to have a pointer with a serious malabsorbtion problem, and she said her vets also told her that Chappie was the only food her dog would be able to tolerate, but one thing he also said which I didn't know about was, NOT to mix it with any biscuits because of the amount of carbs already in it, you should never feed biscuits with it, it would be carb overload, so it's a good thing I am mixing rabbit with mine, when I thought about biscuits, coz that is protein of course (the rabbit!).
Yea...Malcolm Magee said that too.....these are on Chappie, with chicken...... I didn't know (until he said) about mixing biscuits either...thank god I opted for chicken
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Oh i mixed my chappie with complete dry mix for puppies (about 4 times chappie to 1 time dry mix) do you think i should stop that? i just thought any minerals etc he was missing from the chappie (as doesnt say designed for puppy) he would still be able to get from the dry mix!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 03:58 PM
Personally, I would perhaps add a supplement for any missing minerals/vitamins that aren't in the Chappie, but then again, it says it's got the lot??? All I know is, this friend ofmine said her vet was emphatic about NOT feeding a biscuit mixer with the Chappie because Chappie is mostly fibre/cereals and you'd be overdoing it. Far better off to add some protein of meat, but for a puppy no matter what I fed, I would always add a supplement (I used SA37 as recommended by my vet at the time)to ensure they got everything they need, but that's just ME, you must do what you want I really wouldn't add biscuits to the Chappie though, especially as Steph has said her vet said the same thing as my friend's.
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7