Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by scorpiowoman View Post
if this dog is illegal why has he got a tattoo on his inside back leg?
i will tell you why because he has allready been seized by the police once in his life, ( fyi i have allready been to the police ) and they are aware that i am the new owner of this dog so you all can rest your case on that aswell.

now this is where i am confused because dogs with these tattoes come with papers so how did the original owner get this dog back from the police????.................................
Rachael.
Can you put up a photo of the tattoo ?

If the dog was returned to the owner it would have been because the court allowed the dog to be placed on the Index of Exempt dogs
scorpiowoman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
We get a few people on here who, shall we say, don't tell the truth and your story seems very far fetched. You claim you got him from a man who fights dogs yet you didn't know what breed he is or may be. Now you're saying that he is an ex-DDA dog has been registered to go on the register then the man who fights dogs got him back after paying out for the dog to comply with the DDA register, which isn't cheap, there is no way a dog fighter would bother to do that, they don't see dogs as pets but a commodity, if the police seized the dog it is highly unlikely a dog fighter would bother with it, he'd just move on and start again.
I find it all rather bizarre.
Becky
your problem is that where people like you are from none of this happens... for you it is always greener of the other side now you can judge me all you like and to be honest i am a busy person and i am not like you to sit on here all day every day with nothing else to talk about but dogs i have a life, remember people do strange things for reasons you dont know why the owner bought him back you dont even know half on the scenario so if i was you i would shut your beak and keep your nose out of peoples business.

you lot just think i am a total plumb AND i dnt feel the need to have to explain myself to you , like i said before i ask for help and this is what i get

WHAT A GREAT COMMUNITY YOU HAVE HERE

so please i have had enough of this banter i didnt realise it would last a few days i am becoming to feel sad myself
scorpiowoman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Can you put up a photo of the tattoo ?

If the dog was returned to the owner it would have been because the court allowed the dog to be placed on the Index of Exempt dogs

fyi
scorpiowoman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2008, 08:59 PM
who ever manages the account names for DOGSEY please can you delete mine as it will no longer be needed

thanks and regards

Rachael.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 09:03 PM
excuse me but do you actually know any of us? i think you'll have to look closer to home to find the true judgemental one..
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 09:05 PM
How ungrateful, all I have seen is people trying to help you and Max and help you to make sure he is safe. I for one spent a long while last night writing you a friendly PM full of advice to have it thrown back in my face. And yes, things like this DO go on around here, so don't pull that one with me. And yes he has been used for fighting if you got him from someone who fights dogs, aggressive or not. DUH. So much of this doesn't add up, maybe patch needs her soup out.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
How ungrateful, all I have seen is people trying to help you and Max and help you to make sure he is safe. I for one spent a long while last night writing you a friendly PM full of advice to have it thrown back in my face. And yes, things like this DO go on around here, so don't pull that one with me. And yes he has been used for fighting if you got him from someone who fights dogs, aggressive or not. DUH. So much of this doesn't add up, maybe patch needs her soup out.

ditto

and perhaps if you had given ALL the information you have since provided on your initial post then we wouldnt have all said what we did which we felt were helpful comments.

Honestly sometimes i wonder why we bother.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

14-04-2008, 10:00 PM
People are only offering their opinions Scorpiowoman - you take them with as much a pinch of salf as you feel necsessery.

If I found myself in a similar situation I would go to my vet and get an assessment of the dog, and ask his professional opinion on what to do.

He will know not only more about the dog (by being able to see it and assess it in person) but more importantly more about ME and my own abilities - eg, whether I could rehabilitate a dog, be responsible enough whilst doing so, etc etc etc.

Forums are the place to come for other peoples opinions, Vets are the place to go for professional advice.

Locking this thread. Feel free to start a new one asking peoples opinions on what advice your vet gave you if you like.
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7