Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by franc1987 View Post
Calm down theres no need so be so harsh to me when i havent done anything wrong to you...
jeeez chill out!
I am perfectly chilled out thanks..

Just concerned that an animal is not (or was not) getting the vet treatment that it needed... After all responsible animal ownership includes providing vet care:smt002

I wasn't being "harsh" with you I was asking a question:smt001

I was pointing out that he will be judged as he judges people.. as will anyone who judges people wrongly:smt002
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

20-09-2006, 06:24 PM
feel free to come take oscar and take him to the vets yourself if your that concerned and you can also pay the vet bill too.

yes dogsey my have had a bad day but its nothign in comaprison to what i have had this week.

and i dont care if that does sound harsh because its true.

im doing the best i can given the circumstances.

i cant help it if i aint as good as the rest of you and stuff.

then again im glad im not like soem of you.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by ceiron View Post
feel free to come take oscar and take him to the vets yourself if your that concerned and you can also pay the vet bill too.

yes dogsey my have had a bad day but its nothign in comaprison to what i have had this week.

and i dont care if that does sound harsh because its true.

im doing the best i can given the circumstances.

i cant help it if i aint as good as the rest of you and stuff.

Sorry, but is there really any need to reply in such a way?
We all have bad times (i myself lost a very close family friend/best mate of my mothers this morning) but, now this will sound harsh, but we all have to get on with things. Nobody has questioned your love for oscar, nor your ability as a petowner-people were merely expressing their concern-yes it may not have been wanted in your opinion, but people are allowed to express opinions.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 06:40 PM
It's a pity you aren't as concerend about him yourself!!

Sorry but that is just selfish and unfeeling with regards to other peoples feelings regarding a well loved and respected member of Dogsey whom we all lost

Amen to that

I think most people on here just think some things are more important and the health and welfare of their dogs are up there with the most important things
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
Hey c'mon peeps, lets not turn this into anything silly. Emotions were understandable running wild yesterday with all that went on. The doggie is fine and everythings cool.. We all have days off eh
Well said Ian, always full of er... well... er.... wisdom?

Glad to hear Oscar is ok
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

20-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
It's a pity you aren't as concerend about him yourself!!

Sorry but that is just selfish and unfeeling with regards to other peoples feelings regarding a well loved and respected member of Dogsey whom we all lost

Amen to that

I think most people on here just think some things are more important and the health and welfare of their dogs are up there with the most important things
saying i dont care about oscars health then are you.

when you know know nothing about the situation at all.

glad to see you take your own advice onboard then.

all the stuff i have done for oscar, o like travelling 300 miles to save his life, thats very uncaring.

i lost my hosue deposit at uni in agreement for them letting oscar stay in a no pet hosuehols.

plus the numerous vet trips i took him on, including staying up all night with him after he fitted,

there is only hwoever so much one person can do and i reached my limit on that day.

it is no question of me not ratign hsi health as upmsot because the fact that im using all of my income support payment to pay his vets bill and not paying off anythign else or using it for myself for simpel stuff liek food might shwo something.

but nooooooooooooo you instantly know better.

so yeah, you dont judge peopel at all do you.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
Hey c'mon peeps, lets not turn this into anything silly. Emotions were understandable running wild yesterday with all that went on. The doggie is fine and everythings cool.. We all have days off eh
Well said Ian. Come on guys, looks like a misunderstanding on both sides eh? Can't you just shake hands and make up. Glad Oscar is ok Ceiron as I'm sure Louise is.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Please don't let this get personal folks ...

ceiron I do hope Oscar improves a little now the abscess has gone . It is not easy taking on an elderly rescue dog and you have done the best you can for him .
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 07:21 PM
saying i dont care about oscars health then are you.
Well I never said that did I?? But maybe you have taken on too much.. if you can't afford the bills etc..

when you know know nothing about the situation at all.
Well reading what you post on here about him.... then yes I know what you have posted.. I saw that he had cancer.. and you said it was untreatable.. has that changed?? is the abcess related to the cancer??
glad to see you take your own advice onboard then.
Own advice?? Well no point in giving it.. if you can't take it
all the stuff i have done for oscar, o like travelling 300 miles to save his life, thats very uncaring.

i lost my hosue deposit at uni in agreement for them letting oscar stay in a no pet hosuehols.

plus the numerous vet trips i took him on, including staying up all night with him after he fitted,
OK>> that is stuff that everyone would do for their much loved animal... never said any different.. don't see why you feel the need to defend yourself or justify yourself

there is only hwoever so much one person can do and i reached my limit on that day.

it is no question of me not ratign hsi health as upmsot because the fact that im using all of my income support payment to pay his vets bill and not paying off anythign else or using it for myself for simpel stuff liek food might shwo something.
As I said.. maybe you have taken on too much.. after all if he suffers because you can't pay vet's bills and you suffer because you can't afford food its not a good situation for either of you..

but nooooooooooooo you instantly know better.

so yeah, you dont judge peopel at all do you.
I never said I knew better.. I just said that when dogs need vet treatment then its our job to provide that.. come hell or highwater...

I never judged you on you.. I judged you on what you told us.. that you slept through his appointment when he needed treatment.. I think thats quite bad.. and its my opinion that you should have done EVERYTHING in your power to take him there.. and staying awake to do so.. is in your power...

I beleive VERY strongly that witholding medical treatment is a form of abuse... ok.. you never intentionally did so.. BUT what would have happened if it was something to do with his cancer??? and he needed that URGENTLY... would you have forgiven yourself??

Anyway.. you can think what you like of me... I have no need to justify or defend my opinion.. Its a forum.. where people have free speech.. and their own opinions.. sorry if you don't like my opinion...
Azz
Administrator
Male 

20-09-2006, 07:26 PM
I'm closing this thread as it seems the dog is ok now.

However, when it comes to responsible dog ownership people will always be a little out-spoken. That is completely natural on a site like ours where most of us are responsible dog owners.

A lot of the times, there could be a reason for a 'mishap', people may be going through personal stuff at home etc (just like we are on Dogsey at present). However if these mishaps become a common occurance then one might question whether keeping a dog is a good idea or not. Of course, only the owner can decide that by truly and honestly sitting down and thinking about it.
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7