View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenn~n~Luke
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Jodeeuk...when you say commercial, do you mean ANY kibble whatsoever? or just the crap stuff like Pedigree Iams, Science Diet,etc. Because in reality, raw is not for everyone, and if you can't do raw, there are some really GREAT kibble options on the market now.
Not to mention, that it could be argued that the raw isn't much healthier. Considering what kind of crap goes into teh animals before they are killed. As humans, we're constantly finding out that the food we always thought was good for us, is not any longer. Meat...is one of those things. Due to all the antibiotics, steroids, what have you. So, unless we're going to jump in time machine, back to the days before chemicals and microwaves and polution in the air and water....there's only so much we can do. If a person is williing to spend the money on high quality grain free kibble, that should be good enough.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 11:18 PM
My puppy contract would say that all the pups had to be allowed on the furniture in the house, they would have to have night night biccies and be bought fluffy toys regularly. They must have access to a paddling pool in the garden and be allowed to dig as many holes as they liked.
They would have to attend classes and I would want a monthly progress report from their trainers.

Anyone who wasn't prepared to do that wouldn't be good enough for MY puppies---LOL.

rune
Jenn~n~Luke
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2011, 11:23 PM
lol rune..well I've already come to the conclusion that no one would be good enough for Luke's babies. Cripes..I could see me now....the lord himself comes down to ask for a pup and I give him the third degree..probably turn him down too lmao.

No I really wouldn't.....
I don't think....
LMAO
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Because feeding is SUBJECTIVE and what someone thinks is 'best' is based on pure OPINION and not fact. What they think in no way reflects what I think, so why should I be dictacted to based on something that is strictly opinion and not fact?
And that is why i said 'they think', that is there opinion, just the same as it is other people opinions that commercial food is ok. There is no right or wrong answer to what to feed, but that doesnt mean people shouldnt have an opinion on it.

Because they bred the dog and they want that dog to be brought up a certain way, if you would have such a big issue with it then why not just go to a different breeder? I dont see why it is such a big deal to some people, if a breeder chooses to do things this way then that is their perrogative and those who do not agree should go elsewhere.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by Jenn~n~Luke View Post
Jodeeuk...when you say commercial, do you mean ANY kibble whatsoever? or just the crap stuff like Pedigree Iams, Science Diet,etc. Because in reality, raw is not for everyone, and if you can't do raw, there are some really GREAT kibble options on the market now.
Not to mention, that it could be argued that the raw isn't much healthier. Considering what kind of crap goes into teh animals before they are killed. As humans, we're constantly finding out that the food we always thought was good for us, is not any longer. Meat...is one of those things. Due to all the antibiotics, steroids, what have you. So, unless we're going to jump in time machine, back to the days before chemicals and microwaves and polution in the air and water....there's only so much we can do. If a person is williing to spend the money on high quality grain free kibble, that should be good enough.
Totally agree with this----chicken can be full of loads of crap. In commercial or bought raw.

Note the word 'can' not 'is'.

rune
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7