Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Can I just ask-

Why people slag off anothers diet when each dog may do brilliantly on completely different foods?

So WHY THE OPPOSITION to a diet different than your own?
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

06-03-2005, 11:55 AM
I'm with you on this one Lel - I don't understand why either! So long as the dog is thriving on the diet you give him - and change his diet when it dosen't suit
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

06-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by Lel
Can I just ask-

Why people slag off anothers diet when each dog may do brilliantly on completely different foods?

So WHY THE OPPOSITION to a diet different than your own?
I for one am not slagging of another diet. My concern is RAW see my posts I am in agreement to a natural diet but not a raw one for the health reasons I have stated.

The fans of RAW are almost Messianic look at the posts of Jess who I think is in the employ of a BARF company that sells books to this end. She certainly has not denied or refuted it when I asked. She claimed we didn't love our dogs or respect them and were injuring them and harming them by not feeding raw natural I have nothing against natural feeding but if you want proof of how dangerous raw food is then I will post pages of it.

Stan
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2005, 12:02 PM
i dont know either. i just wanted to make sure my food was quality and not tested on animals in a horrid way. i have had to ask other people tho as i didnt know one dog food from another
max is on autarky and nature diet and has a lovely coat and i have the amounts just right as he is a lovely shape now
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2005, 12:15 PM
I agree. I dont feed the same as everyone else, but that doesnt mean that your choice is worse than mine.

I do keep circling around barf, but am still too chicken to take the jump.

But perhaps one day..... But for now Luna is fed complete food.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2005, 12:20 PM
but if you want proof of how dangerous raw food is then I will post pages of it.
I did actually research my change over thankyou
I dont feed bones other than marrow bones as I have already had a problem with this

I feed a mixture of raw and cooked for health reasons but actually dont care what others feed theirs to be honest-
except when it comes to companies such as Iams and others who treat dogs in such a disgusting way when testing their foods
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-03-2005, 12:30 PM
I think with any subject you can post pages of pros and cons -there are squillions of peeps who feed raw very succesfully and there are squillions who feed complete or natural/cooked or whatever
A dog can choke on a bone or he can choke on a sock -there are dangers everywhere
If my dogs would eat boiled shite and thrive -I'd feed it ( and they probably would love it )

Each to their own
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Libs would love a bit of that the dirty mare
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

06-03-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Lel
but if you want proof of how dangerous raw food is then I will post pages of it.
I did actually research my change over thankyou
I dont feed bones other than marrow bones as I have already had a problem with this

I feed raw for health reasons but actually dont care what others feed theirs to be honest-
except when it comes to companies such as Iams and others who treat dogs in such a disgusting way when testing their foods
Hi lel

Haven't researched Iams throughly though. I have.

Iams is owned now by Proctor and Gamble, they have won awards since taking over Eukanuba and Iams for there caring and gentle methods of food testing ,just look at the organisations that oversee and confirm that nothing untoward is happening. I have concerns that people are suggesting that these URLs and sites prove an abuse. They do not they are out of date and disingenuous. I have been doing some research of my own may I suggest you visit this site run by Iams and Proctor and Gamble where it categorically proves, that the latest rumours and accusations are totally untrue. You may also wish to read the whole list of organisations supporting this statement.

http://www.iamstruth.com/iamstruth/e...T_Article_Page. jhtml;jsessionid=C4NENJWVZ1MRNQFIAJ2IYCQ?li=en_US& amp;pti=RP&articleID=6

My investigation shows that Iams became a boycott target after P&G bought the pet food maker in September 1999--but the boycott has been waged chiefly with information about invasive and terminal research done while Iams was owned by Clay Mathile, who in 1982 bought Iams from Paul Iams, who founded Iams in 1946.

Several of the most controversial studies were done by Iams researcher Dan Carey, DVM, between 1987 and 1995, but were not described in veterinary journals until after P&G acquired Iams P&G actually encouraged the companies scientists to publish their work ie blue the whistle on what had been happening so that other companies would not feel that they had to do similar research and studies.

P&G has now developed a noninvasive, non-lethal alternative to get the information they were seeking.

Don't believe everything you hear from the likes of PETA and ALF.

Stan
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Haven't researched Iams throughly though
Why do you suggest that I dont believe Peta when there are photographs to back up their undercover work and that I should believe a company that HAS allowed animal cruelty and now says they dont?
Have they changed their tune because people are now aware of what they do/did and this then puts their profits at risk?

But the topic is not about Iams anyway

DL do you work for a dog food company- apologies if you have already discussed this but there are so many topics going on about the same subject that I truly cant read them all
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »