Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by lucyloo View Post
be very careful there was a scam like that going around the area we live, someone in a police uniform would come round say they have recieved a complaint about a illegal dog, if they are kc reg they would take the papers to so say check them out, keep you upto date with phone calls then a few days later would come back and take the dog away to be assessed and that will be the last you hear, they have your papers and dog and they sell it on.
That is absolutely disgusting . I suppose they prey on the fact that many dog owners will be aware that people are having their dogs taken away and they try to be as co-operative as possible so that they look like responsible, decent owners with nothing to hide.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 07:05 PM
What ever happens I would contact the papers. I have suspicions that this is probably either a scam, such as described above or your neighbour getting someone to impersonate a police officer. If they turn up again just call the police.
Becky
lucyloo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Some people just gave them the dogs kc number and refused to give them the dog but others actually fell for it, they were so worried at the time they just wanted to prove there dog wasnt illegal and let them take the dog, Its so scary what people will do these days, CC im glad you had your wits about you and went to the police station yourself and didnt hand over your papers you did the right thing otherwise this thread might of had such a sad ending, i just cant believe what the world is coming to, it is so sad that you cant even own a dog without worrying if its going to get stolen or PTS because of silly people with grudges.
I hope everything works out for you and my heart goes out to after the worrying you had to go through.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by cc22peatree View Post
ok,this aint rite,i had a fone call this morning,just a min ago actually,it was the police saying they want to come and collect trin 4 assessment on monday,they aint even checked her num yet surely?
Just read through the thread.
You have done right sending Trin for a little holiday.
Under no circumstances hand her over to anyone who tries to take her, without a warrant they can not even ask to see her or enter your home let alone take her anywhere.

When the real police come on your request, make sure you have dates etc of everything which has led to this vile situation including confirmation if possible that you had to contact anyone regarding the other womans dogs.

In addition to the numbers given to you by Nissanmad, here are a couple more contacts for you for additional legal advice :

http://www.doglaw.co.uk/

http://justicefordogs.org.uk/

Definately sounds like something very fishy going on. If you have any more contact from the suspicious sounding `police officer`, try to have a video camera running or at least a dictaphone, ask for formal ID and the `officers` number which should be on the uniform shoulder epaulettes [ sp? ] [ which he or she should`nt need to glance at before answering and tell them to wait *off* the property while you call to verify who they say they are.

Whatever you do, *dont* consider `revenge`, its you who wold be in trouble instead of the one who is being such a warped sicko, keep things absoutely legal, get advice on Harrassment / Slander, wasting police time or the impersonation thing if thats whats going on, but don`t just do what every one of us would instinctively *want* to do.

You have papers which can be verified as not fake, [ and no the real or fake police cant check with the KC until Monday, end of ! ], you can contact the breeder for further back-up, and it might be worth you contacting the Breed Club for assistance :

http://www.doguedebordeauxclub.co.uk/

If none of that sorts it out, tell the police to arrange at their own cost, [ through your vet and with your dog in your hands at all time ! ], a DNA test for her and her parents to prove her lineage - the police don`t like spending money and its for the accuser to prove a case, not the innocent, so cost burden would be on them
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
- the police don`t like spending money and its for the accuser to prove a case, not the innocent, so cost burden would be on them
Unfortunately not so under the DDA, your dog can be confiscated and then it's up to the owner to prove the dog is not a pit bull type, sadly the courts don't have to prove that the dog is pit type.
Agree with you about them not wanting to spend money though, one of the arguments dog wardens have at the moment is it apparently cost them approx £10,000 pounds to confiscate a so called pit and prosecute the owners, most dog wardens are only given approx £60,000 budget each year, yet they're being expected to uphold the DDA.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Just spoken to a friend who is a police officer This is what he told me

You should always ask to see their warrant card even if they are in uniform & this means you will get not just their name but their number(as in PC 99)

Do not let them in without a search warrant from a court they have no right of entry unless they have grounds to suspect you have committed a criminal offence & as your dog is obviously a DDB they would have no grounds for this

Ring the police station either whilst they are outside(lock the door whilst you ring)or as soon as they leave & ask to speak to a sargeant or inspector & get their name

Richard(my friend)is a local senior police officer plus a dog owner !
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Oh my god, I've just caught up with all this, what the hell is going on in the world?! Do not let them in, do not open your door too far either, if you have a chain, I'd keep it on there, perhaps have your mum or someone else in the house for when the fake turns up on Monday? You've definitely done the right thing with send Trin away for the weekend! I can't believe this! It does sound like she's got someone involved who steals dogs on demand, especially if she knows the sort of people who shoot dogs, it wouldn't be difficult for her to be involved in something like that I would imagine.

I really wish there was something I could say, at least the police are on your side...

Keep your chin up
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 09:45 PM
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...trinity005.jpg

this is my trin in large size
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 09:47 PM
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...inity003-1.jpg