Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Malka - thats the one I found..

Nice dog anyway - she had a lovely temperament..
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
But anyway - that's what I was told by both breeder and owner and the judge didn't seem to question either..
I know this is a Xolo, and I do believe this is a friends dogs litter mate, breeder Donna?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Its not the colours SLB its the entire dog. They should have pricked ears, not houndy ears, never in a million years would those ears be able to stand erect. The dog looks like a black and tan coonhound. (not saying it is of course) I saw a person at Leeds champ show they had three there Xolo's, nothing like that, they should have a bit of fluffy or wirey coat on their heads and sometimes on their tails.
no Dawn the xolos are just like the CCs, and can produce a hairy variety along side the hairless. Both can be born in the same litter.
with our breed hairy vairty can have dropped ears, this could be the same for xolos I dont know. But the hairy type which the pictured dog is, would be covered in short hair, not hairless in any places.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 07:56 PM
and if this is the dog I think it is, her breeder would be fuming at the thought of people saying this is not the said breed and making comments such as 'having you on'.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-08-2011, 08:01 PM
but you can see why ..
Would nice to see proper pics ,and next to a hairless,
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 08:05 PM
I cant see why to be honest, because anyone that knows the breed, or any hairless breed knows that any hairless dog has the ability to produce a hairy variety of the breed - people here are claiming to know the breed, and stating that its impossible for this dog to be the said breed but are showing lack of understaing of the overall breed. I wont post piccies, as dont want to share piccies without permission.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
no Dawn the xolos are just like the CCs, and can produce a hairy variety along side the hairless. Both can be born in the same litter.
with our breed hairy vairty can have dropped ears, this could be the same for xolos I dont know. But the hairy type which the pictured dog is, would be covered in short hair, not hairless in any places.
Yes I know that, that dog does not have dropped ears, it has ear 'oles like a flippin Hound!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I cant see why to be honest, because anyone that knows the breed, or any hairless breed knows that any hairless dog has the ability to produce a hairy variety of the breed - people here are claiming to know the breed, and stating that its impossible for this dog to be the said breed but are showing lack of understaing of the overall breed. I wont post piccies, as dont want to share piccies without permission.
Who said they cannot produce ones with hair on?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Who said they cannot produce ones with hair on?
You said..

I saw a person at Leeds champ show they had three there Xolo's, nothing like that, they should have a bit of fluffy or wirey coat on their heads and sometimes on their tails.

Thats only true for the hairless, not the coated. which is what the pictured dog is.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Would NEVER hadve guessed that
Page 7 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »