Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2009, 02:07 PM
I can't belive this....well - actually I can

Someone feels genuinely threatened and has had money demanded off them....and they do nothing.

Make sure you have some kind of evidence about what happens tomorrow....(CCTV or such) and try to stay calm as you inform him about the insurance company...(have your mobile to hand as well)
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Just because the police won't do anything doesn't mean you cannot dupe him into thinking they will

I think Jackbox has the perfect idea there - saying about having it all on CCTV and the bit about the insurance company needing all the documents etc.

He's clearly a chancer and not a very good one - people like this use fear to make people pay up. In this instance the threat was your business reputation being in jeopardy by tarnishing your name in the papers. I'd reverse it back on him by calling his bluff as Jackbox pointed out he'd probably run a mile and find an easier target next time
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2009, 03:23 PM
What a loser!

Make sure you remember the facts clearly - you trimmed the dog first, then he insisted you clipped it. Was he there when you clipped it?
Clippers don't cut skin - and if they did - the cut wouldn't look like that!

Tell him you need the letter on headed paper, with the vets name & address, as you need to phone them to clarify the details.

Wish I wasn't busy tomorrow, as i'd come up!

Edited to add - you would also like to know what sample was sent, and for what type of analysis!
louise81
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-09-2009, 03:35 PM
I think it is just some idiot wanting money.I dont think anything will come of this.I highly doubt a vet would take a sample for a little nick it sounds very silly to me,and i also highly doubt a vet saw his dog for free and he also happens to be a journalist photographer i dont think so.Dont worry he is obviously just another of the scum of society,its another form of robbery.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2009, 03:48 PM
I don't think he will come tommorow, but I also don't think I've heard the last of it either. I have to be out tommorow afternoon to collect an order, so my emplyee will be in on her own, but we have sorted a male friend to stay in the shop with her all day, and I have given her a pepper spray.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2009, 04:11 PM
What a load of codswallop, he is a real criminal what is the matter with the police! I would have at least wanted it put on record. I would keep anything you are given by this chancer as its obvious that he has manufactured this letter himself!

Try not to worry about it, tell him you have reported it to the police and will be passing on the evidence as its fraud.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2009, 04:51 PM
will be installing CCTV outside the front of the shop too. This has really upset me and my colleague. He did mention in his letter that it was the local paper he would be going to, little does he know that from both of my businesses combined I spend over £700 per month on advertising with them. I'm sure they will not be interested!!!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Hopefully he won't turn up tomorrow.If it was me I would be asking for his solicitors address and stating that I was putting it in the hands of mine.

The rest of the advice you have had is all good.I would make sure there was a tape recorder in the shop though so that when he comes in tomorrow it can be subtlely switched on!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Jeez what am I paying my taxes for???
Oh that's awful, so now you have to be assualted for a crime to be worth investigating. This guy thinks he's found a classic way to get money by false pretences, forges a vet report and probably he has been successful with some other pet care people.

I'm really gob smacked but I hope you can still get you're CID friend around there tomorrow and your OH and between the three of you give him a fright.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by louise81 View Post
Dont worry he is obviously just another of the scum of society,its another form of robbery.
Yes, it is but why won't the Police investigate

and I have given her a pepper spray.
That's not enough, she needs something heavy close at hand that she can use. to be legal it has to be something that would normally be there e.g. a club hammer if you are doing some DIY (Well you are doing some DIY work aren't you )

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
tell him you have reported it to the police and will be passing on the evidence as its fraud.
And tell him you can't discuss it because it was your understanding they (The Police) are going to prosecute

I'm sure they will not be interested!!!
What they might be interested in is running a story about a man going around forging vet bills in order to claim compensation
Page 7 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »