Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
LOL.. remind me the next time there is a Rottie attack on a child or a dog kick off at a judge and I will tar your dogs with the same brush! Deed not breed?? yeah when it suits.. (No offence meat Shona..You know I trust your dogs or CJ would never have been near Kaos)
none taken,

As I own a breed that has a less than great reputation, I tend not to go down the route of slagging off other BREEDS on the actions of one or two dogs.
Denis on the other hand seems to be bored today.....
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
none taken,

As I own a breed that has a less than great reputation, I tend not to go down the route of slagging off other BREEDS on the actions of one or two dogs.
Denis on the other hand seems to be bored today.....
Maybe he should take a trip to Tesco and harass some poor woman in the car park
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Have read some of this thread and it would seem to me that it has nothing to do with the breeds involved at all the only points that spring to mind are:-

A/ does the owner of a free range dog that approaches a dog(s) who are leashed and under control and then gets told to bu@@er off have any cause to complain?

B/ is the practise of exercising with a bike allowed in that particular park, only the bye law will ascertain that for sure and I can't see how it could be blamed for the actions of the free range dog.

IMO someone exercising their dogs with a bike would, providing it is allowed, have every right to be annoyed with the OP for allowing the dog to approach her dogs in the first place apart from that I can see no reason for complaint.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-02-2009, 02:47 PM
It seems I can't make a fair comment on this thread without offending, I still stand by my opinion on these breed types, I have not singled out anyone's dog for criticism it was a general comment.

In my chosen breed there's good and bad, we all know that, so I'll log-off now as I'm outnumbered.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Maybe he should take a trip to Tesco and harass some poor woman in the car park
That was another cheap shot Louise.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-02-2009, 02:53 PM
A question, how many years is it since these types of dogs were brought into domestic environments ?

I'm not referring to the nomadic tribes that they were originally obtained from BTW.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
It seems I can't make a fair comment on this thread without offending, I still stand by my opinion on these breed types, I have not singled out anyone's dog for criticism it was a general comment.

In my chosen breed there's good and bad, we all know that, so I'll log-off now as I'm outnumbered.
Well you can't say that if you haven't met any that have done anything wrong!!!

I was bitten by a GSD once..still see the dog but avoid it..I don't avoid or blame all other GSD..I saw that Mal attack XXXXXX in the ring.. but I didn't blame the others..the dog being attacked didn't even really defend itself!!

You are blaming ALL Malamutes..by saying thats how you feel..Thats a very narrow minded way of looking at it..

That was another cheap shot Louise.
Well if it makes you feel better give ME directions to the car park..and I will meet you there..I won't be as easily intimidated as the others you have met there though

OH and I might bring my antisocial, unreliable arctic wild wolves with me and prove you wrong about that too
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 02:59 PM
A question, how many years is it since these types of dogs were brought into domestic environments ?

I'm not referring to the nomadic tribes that they were originally obtained from BTW.
http://www.alaskanmalamute.org.uk/BreedHistory.htm
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Do you mean Sibs, good many years not sure exactly but at least a hundred I think they arrived in the UK about 1910, no doubt Mike will tell you exactly. Of course, 100 years ago domestic dogs were not often kept in the home but in the yard or stable. When I first thought of acquiring one about 50 years ago some were house dogs some were yard dogs.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-02-2009, 03:12 PM
So in general terms we're talking around 80 years since they were imported and domesticated from the Arctic regions.

As selective breeding goes on the behaviour of these types will improve I'm sure.
Page 7 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »